Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HC-4500 native support again - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Just wondered (sorry for my impatience), what the official line is on native support with this is. have read the denon and vdj forums and have been quite active on both as have many others.

We were hoping that at NAMM denon would reveal a firmware fix, i didn't go (i'm in the UK) but would have thought something would have been mentioned on the forums.

The facts so far to my knowledge.

Does not work with Vista, vista support is being tested currently, i'm not sure if we require a service pack for vista.
XP - The denon Firmware locks up if anything over 54 bytes is sent or at intervals less than 5ms.
Reflex LE/DJ decks works natively.
There is communication between the two, Perhaps not mentioned on the forums

So the denon forum still suggests that the DJ software needs to be fixed.
The DJ software forums suggest new firmware is required.

Now it may be that the Vista firmware fix will also include a fix for the lockup problems, this does't seem to be mentioned anywhere.

In light of new controllers from Pioneer etc being revealed, starting to regret buying this. Fortunatly I also have a DMC-2, which works perfectly with VDJ/CUE. :)

geposted Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 8:08 am
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm in the same boat. With all the new controllers coming out I'm wondering if I jumped on the Denon ship a little too soon. I may have to put mine up to auction on Ebay if their isn't a fix for the freezing issue. I'm not switching software platforms so the Denon will have to go.

I hope the Denon rep is reading our posts in this forum.

With that said, I recently got the Denon X900 and got my Midi Mapper to recognize the crossfader (X-Control) for video transitions (It works great). The HC 4500 could be a great controller if the VDJ/Denon teams get together and fix the issue.

It shouldn't have to come down to VDJ users (JPBoggis) to work on correcting the issue. I would hope the Denon/VDJ teams could work together and stop pointing figures on whose to blame and work on resolving the issue for the good of their hardware and software.

Just my thoughts

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 11:12 am
I've had a lot of bad luck with Denon I don't know why they have such a good rep.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 11:19 am
I would say that we all have been more the patient. For me I don't know who to belive regarding why we have the freezing problem. I can also say the I own djdecks, and it now supports the 4500 natively, and it works great, no freezing, display reads pretty much everything. Take a read http://www.denondjforums.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8542

The developer of this software his name is Adion, he's only 24 years old, and it did not take him very long to get the controller working fairly well with his software. So with that being said, I don't know who to belive regarding why it's not working with VDJ, Denon or Atmomix.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 1:06 pm
If DJ Decks is working with the HC4500 and virtual dj is having problems, your answer is simple...... virtual dj hasnt fixed the problem. If its denons fault, then why is alot of software from other companies working fine.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 08 @ 7:25 pm
I've downloaded djdecks, I must admit....it is has the potential of being a gret piece of software. The thing is, You Don't Own It! I guess the developer dosen't wnt no one to own it for more than TWO YEARS! What kind of crap is that, I'm very upset with the DJ Software industry right now including Denon. This controller (HC4500) is a great piece of hardware but VDJ and PCDJ has us waiting like crackheads for the next hit! Like many I'm waiting to decided which software I'm going to purchase, I'm tired of buying equipment only to be disappointed. DJdecks dosen't compare to VDJ or PCDJ it seems to be geared to novice dj's when you are a serious dj and your rep depends on your performance you don't play with toys!

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 11:55 am
Caliente123 wrote :
If DJ Decks is working with the HC4500 and virtual dj is having problems, your answer is simple...... virtual dj hasnt fixed the problem. If its denons fault, then why is alot of software from other companies working fine.

Caliente123 you have said what I really wanted to say. I was just trying to be polictially correct. Not only is it working with DJdecks, but also a program called Rockit Pro.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 2:56 pm
whats makes me wonder even more about rockit pro dj software is, Denon is advertising the rock it pro software and they have it linked from their website. Virtual dj has been around longer and this company that came over night has their software working well for the denon. I read in the denon forum that you can hook up the HC4500 to control serato. Im gonna look into that........

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 7:49 pm
I forgot to mention, In the PCDJ website......... They are selling The denon HC4500 controller with PCDJ VJ software that controlls it too......
The software looks nice and it does video too

geposted Wed 23 Jan 08 @ 7:56 pm
Those of us (including me) who have the Denon controller feel naturally disappointed that we can't use our favourite software with them. I really hope VDJ get the native support sorted out. It's quite true that other companies have their programs working with the Denon but in truth djDecks has only limited functions mapped - but is quite a nice piece of amateur software for a very low price.

There are mappers for Traktor which offer pretty good midi implementation, but no display.

At the moment Serato native support is only for the jogwheels and you have to either map it yourself (much easier thatn with VDJ) or use one of the ready mapped xml files available on the Denon Forum. Even with that solution you don't get any display, etc.
The danger for VDJ is if Serato get theri Beta version out with full native support soon some people will jump ship and others won't buy VDJ in the first place.

Don't want that to happen, so please VDJ try and get the probs sorted asap.
I'm sure you are doing, but we're all wondering.

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 7:37 am
There have been several threads started on this issue, yet it seems like those in the know are hush hush about a resolution to it. That part concerns me a little bit. Do we need to avoid this controller all together if we plan on continuing to use VDJ?

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 8:57 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you are looking to use this controller - and use it natively in one of your favorite softwares - I wouldn't buy it at this time. I have owned it since September or whenever it came out and well......I am still waiting. At this point, you might as well wait until the Summer, pick up one of the new controllers announced at NAMM....the HC4500 may be old news before there was any full version of software to support it natively....certainly a joke at this point....

I too would have just purchased PCDJ VJ to use this controller, but I am on a Mac and it's just not worth all the headaches and expenses...so I continue to wait...

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 9:52 am
@caliente123 -

Not sure if your aware but PCDJVJ is actually just a cut down version of VDJ, under the PCDJ branding. And the freezing problem also exists on this, although not as much I think (probably because its doing less as a cut down version)

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 12:32 pm
not trying to whine, but it would be nice if someone in the know would tell us the status, is it a priority, is it even being worked on at the moment.

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 5:05 pm
@djreggie,

I think the last update on the firmware 'fix' on the denon forums was jan 8th, and this was about Vista compatibility combining the midi/asio on the same usb connection, personally I'm not to fussed about that I want the native fix under XP (i'll soon dual boot new lappy to xp/vista if needed). I can only assume this fix they are currently testing also includes this, but so far Denon have not chimed in. Most users on that site seem more concerned regarding the release date of the full version of Reflex, I don't personally see what all the fuss is about regarding reflex, it's so not gonna be anything like VDJ which we know and love, I'm not even sure if it can do video.

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 5:13 pm
I bought The HC4500 from someone brand new a few weeks ago and i was told that the controller was a head of its time. it was going to take some time to make it work great. even though i bought it cheap, if feel like i wasted my money buying this. seratos working on a native for the hc4500 and should be out soon early 2008

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 8:44 pm
Nick, As i mentioned earlier with the native support sucess that djdecks, and rockit have, is it really a Denon issue, or a VDJ issue. That's the million dollar question. I think the dual boot idea is a good one. I'm gonna wait a while before I go the vista route.

Caliente123, keep in mind if you go the Serato route you have to use SL1 box.

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 8:45 pm
I have The Serato SL 1 box

geposted Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 9:39 pm
And still no response from a Teamer.... It's possible that several using VDJ will blindly purchase an HC4500, only to find out that it will not work properly. I'd just like to know one way or another, that way the next controller that I buy will definitely work with VDJ.

geposted Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 8:49 am
35%