Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HC-4500 native support again - Page: 3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
kkorpos wrote :
I have to say, I am peeved that for a long time Denon was saying that they weren't at fault, it was the software companies that were the ones that needed to make their software compatible with the controller, which was everything it was supposed to be. I know that Denon has finally taken responsibility - but I am still peeved about this whole thing. It's rather annoying.

Do not worry it's not the first time that softwares are criticized and it won't be the last time. But one thing is sure and Microsoft/Intel know it very well, if you want to have a good software/hardware, both parties have to work together (an example: if you create a CPU which has 2 cores but Vista can't use this technology, it's anti-productive. Of course I have exagerated in this example, but it's just to show the interest/importance of a mutual work)

geposted Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 6:00 pm

geposted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 9:39 am
Only the asio driver or is neccesary to download the plugins?

geposted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 11:23 am
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've just downloaded the new firmware from Denon's website (v1005). The controller hasn't freezed once with native support in VDJ. I've been using it for a few hours now testing it to the limit by.scratching, effects, etc and no freezing at all. Now all we need is JPboggis's mapper!!!!

geposted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 9:09 pm
I don't get it. If the the firmware update is supposed to give you native support, why would you still need a midi mapper? Wouldn't it be just plug it in, choose the correct controller under settings and then have all that the controller has to offer at your disposal?

geposted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 11:05 pm
kiko10PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Installed update from denon.Running VDJ For almost 4 hours,Using effects ,scratching playing videos with no problems at all.can't whait for the weekend to try it in a real gig.This is awsome!!!!!

geposted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 11:42 pm
Hey All, Yeah the firmware update is great, it all seems to work fine, just wondering if anyone has tryed it with vista yet? it did say vista support added on the update so i was wondering if it worked or not? also, is there any plans for ver 5.1 of vdj to have the ability to program the function buttons for other uses?
All in all well done Denon and VDJ, top controller and top software. Good Work.

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 8:39 am
Do all of the lights and display work?

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 9:05 am
All works great, i'm using it tonight, live, a mate of mine used it last night and it was faultless! well impressed by it.

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 9:24 am
bmac16 wrote :
I've just downloaded the new firmware from Denon's website (v1005). The controller hasn't freezed once with native support in VDJ. I've been using it for a few hours now testing it to the limit by.scratching, effects, etc and no freezing at all. Now all we need is JPboggis's mapper!!!!

I ran the HC4500 with the new firmware for 6 hours last night and did not experience any freezing problems, so it appears that the problem is now fixed.

tomvassie wrote :
also, is there any plans for ver 5.1 of vdj to have the ability to program the function buttons for other uses?

My custom mapper will allow this once it's finished.

dj_suave wrote :
Do all of the lights and display work?

The lights and displays have always worked with native support, but it was unusable due to the freezing problem, which has now been fixed by the new Denon firmware.

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 12:36 pm
dj_suave wrote :
I don't get it. If the the firmware update is supposed to give you native support, why would you still need a midi mapper? Wouldn't it be just plug it in, choose the correct controller under settings and then have all that the controller has to offer at your disposal?

You don't need a mapper if you are happy with what the native support offers. However, a custom mapper plugin can offer more features and alternative button mappings that may better suit your preferences. The mapper I have under development, has some of the following features:

• Basic button mappings that closely match those of a Denon CD player such as DN-D4500.

• Different modes: Loops, Effects, Video, Samples, Clipbank, Mixer, etc. These change the functions of the parameter knob and the function buttons to allow access to most VDJ features.

• Scrolling text on the displays.

• Ability to choose effects, samples, etc. assigned to the function buttons in each mode.

• Incremental pitch bend buttons and built-in brake start/stop.

• Automatic video crossfading directly from the controller, and hopefully support for Denon X-Control too for video crossfading via compatible Denon mixers.

• Ability to customise various settings, such as jogwheel sensitivity, etc.

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 12:41 pm
Thanks for the info JP that's sounds very cool! Do you have an ETA on the mapper?
I have another question. If a paticular function is not mapped on the controller, are you still able to select it with a mouse click or use a keyboard shortcut while the controller is conected?

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 1:17 pm
dj_suave wrote :
Thanks for the info JP that's sounds very cool! Do you have an ETA on the mapper?

Not at the moment. It depends on how much time I get to work on it. Development has also been hindered upto now due to the freezing problem. I should get to be able to use the controller properly for the first time this weekend. The mapper is functional enough for me to use, but it needs a lot of testing and debugging.

dj_suave wrote :
I have another question. If a paticular function is not mapped on the controller, are you still able to select it with a mouse click or use a keyboard shortcut while the controller is conected?

Yes, you can still use keyboard shortcuts or mouse clicks on the skin. You can also use other controllers at the same time, providing they do not use MIDI as their communication protocol (E.g: USB HID controllers such as the DMC-2 and DAC-3 will work OK.)

Other MIDI devices cannot be used at the same time as the HC4500 when in native mode, including general MIDI.

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 5:20 pm
jpboggis wrote :

Other MIDI devices cannot be used at the same time as the HC4500 when in native mode, including general MIDI.

That included the X-SESSION ( original version http://www.savedbytechnology.com/main2/m-audio_x-session.jpg ) at same time?

It will be cool to use it only for video (crossfade for video, knobs for FX, and buttons for FX trigger, such as boom, strobe or playin samples).

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:55 pm
Hehe freezing problem seems to be ok, now let's wait for jboggis' mapper since I mix mostly videos :)

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 11:57 am
RicardoM wrote :
That included the X-SESSION ( original version http://www.savedbytechnology.com/main2/m-audio_x-session.jpg ) at same time?

It will be cool to use it only for video (crossfade for video, knobs for FX, and buttons for FX trigger, such as boom, strobe or playin samples).

The X-Session is a MIDI controller, so unfortunately you can't use it at the same time as the HC4500 in native mode.

My mapper will feature automatic video crossfading.

Also, hopefully the mapper will support X-control on compatible Denon mixers, which will allow you to link one of these to the HC4500 and use the real crossfader for video crossfading.

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 1:17 pm
plz i need a midi driver for vista denon 5500 or how to creted one

geposted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 12:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)