Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NEW ASIO DRIVER PROBLEM...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have 2 systems.. One I use for my Mobile/CLub Djing and one in the studio.. I tested 5.07 on the one in the studio and when I use the new ASIO driver, I get a LOUD scratching sound over the audio. I can select the old asio driver and it works fine. I am a little worried to install it on my unit I use every weekend. Is there any solution to this?

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:16 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The new ASIO 'engine' is a less optimized ASIO engine than the original engine. There are some that have had performance issue with the original engine because of it's optimization. So even though it is a 'new' engine, it's a 4 cylinder version and not the 8 cylinder one we have all been using. You should use the one that works for your system.

geposted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:20 pm
My system will not work properly with the "new" ASIO either. However, when the box is checked, it smooths things out.

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 1:26 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Where do I found this "new" asio tick box, so I can have a play with it.

Jimmy b

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 3:36 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm guessing this is it, Jim:

[pic]

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 10:17 am
^I think he's gone back to 5.0.6 for the time being.

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 10:37 am
Thanks Erxon I found it,

I've done as the doc has said and gone back to 5.06, the new rev and the new Aiso engine buggered up the sound comming out of my Herc mk2. It sounded like I was playing in a tunnel, pretty shit really.

Not going to use 5.07 until they find out why, as a few user's are having sound issues aswell.

Jimmy b

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 11:37 am
Just to clarify again... use it CHECKED unless you have problems. Checked is the OLD Engine that everyone was using before. No reason to UNCHECK IT unless you have issues to start with.

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 3:43 pm
Rev 5.06 and the Asio engine is fine for me thanks

Jimmy b

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 3:51 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
if i understand this correctly, use old asio engine if your computer sucks. use the new one if it is good. (more or less)

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 8:35 pm
Paz75 wrote :
if i understand this correctly, use old asio engine if your computer sucks. use the new one if it is good. (more or less)

NO, the new engine is a 'LESS' optimized engine. Therefore DOES NOT provide better latency settings as the Original Engine. The new engine was designed for those who try to OVER PUSH their machines performance and it can't handle the Ultra-low latency of the original ASIO engine.

As I mentioned in another thread, VirtualDJ has always had a 8-cylinder ASIO engine. The new one is a 4-cylinder economy version of the ASIO engine. Therefore 'safer' and less of a performance impact on the system.

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 9:31 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So much confusion for what should be so simple, and the fault belongs to whoever put that stupid box there and making you tick it for something old and calling a new engine an older version of the engine etc.

All very clever, but it does back up the high intelligence = not much common sense theory!

There must have been a clearer way of marking this option!

Gary

geposted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 1:13 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hehe, how about this? Makes it much more clearer, no?

geposted Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 10:38 pm
Paz75 wrote :
Hehe, how about this? Makes it much more clearer, no?

LMAO yeah totally clear ;-)

i had to revert to 5.0.6 til the new engine is tuned more for MK2's running TCV's

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:58 pm
101010101 wrote :
i had to revert to 5.0.6 til the new engine is tuned more for MK2's running TCV's

What ? What is the problem nothing changed other than people not updating their MK2 drivers from the OLD ?

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 9:31 pm
I will CONFIRM what Chris had to say and add to it. I had issues with the MK2 and after a fresh install of both the Herc drivers (07) and 5.0.7 it now works where it didnt when I just tried to upgrade.

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 10:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)