Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is it my TCV or my Decks?!? - Page: 3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I would love someone to tell me what my problem is... I have used VirtualDJ version 3 until today with the Hercules console. Ever since I switched to the Hercules MKII with TCV I have been VERY pleased with the ability to use turntables without carrying records to gigs. Lately, and I do mean as recently as last month (JULY) I did a party and suddenly TCV quality on the left channel would drop to 0%. Woah!!! The music suddenly acted like someone morphed it if you can "hear" what I am saying. It was worse than the sound of someone applying pressure to the turntable, it was digital slowdown. (Hard to explain) Fortunately, by luck, I was able to "disconnect" the turntable from the computer and play the song and control it from the MKII until I could see that the TCV quality jumped back up to 100% then I would let the vinyl back in so that I could "Do What I Do". As a note, I had 2 computers (an Alienware laptop with Vista and a home built PC with Windows XP) at this gig and the problem occurred on both! I had put on new cartridges and styli prior to this gig and have since replaced the audio cables for both Turntables and "bathed" my TCV to a spit shine. I got the impression that it has to be my aging Herc MKII yes? So I spent $350 this week and bought the Herc RMX. Guess what? Now both channels drop out intermittently! Crazy things are happening to my music! Let's say the needle is halfway on the TCV, possibly because of the timecode quality loss, the music will play at different parts of the track! I am laughing as I type this because I am on my third shot of spiced rum with Diet Coke. I have seen those that state that this hardware is not really what I should be using to make money with but I have done just fine with them! I enjoy the LOOPing features and being able to control my music with the vinyl at parties! I am sought after because I have a different sound not usually heard at a live gig (blending two songs together and such). Someone help me please to keep doing it the way I do it... What is going on? I have a picture that I took of the Time Coded Vinyl Configuration but don't know how to add it to this POST (especially since I am a bit tipsy right now :))

geposted Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 7:58 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As regarding your timecode problem.

In the Timecode config, you have the choice of 2 timecode engine's for the VirtualDJ vinyls, the old V4 engine and the new V5 engine, now I've tried both and I get alot better results and a better signal using the old V4 engine, I get a solid 100% with my maya44 and the RMX.

So I would suggest trying the V4 engine (if you haven't all ready).

As for the picture's on post, first enable the BB code at the bottom of the forum page, under the Post button, then have a look at www.imageshack.us.

geposted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:36 am
Yeah. I tried the old v4 engine and I thought I hit jackpot but that only lasted about 15 minutes before dropping off again on both channels. Thanks though... I used to get solid 100% back in VirtualDJ 4+ but it has probably been since that last two upgrades that I lose them. What I see on my TCV config screen is full signal on graphic but 0% beneath them. Very odd.

geposted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 10:31 am
i realy dont know what your problem is. however my mk2 is realy aging.. i fink its died now anyways, everytime i press play on the left deck the music plays and then stops... so i have to use the "p" key on ma keybored to play music.
the buttons on ma mk2 are not working proply either like my loops for instance... 1 min i could be looping by four beats, next it will jump to 1/4 a beat and muck up my mix. Sighhh... Looks like im guna buy the rmx.

geposted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 10:32 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
wgresham1 wrote :
Yeah. I tried the old v4 engine and I thought I hit jackpot but that only lasted about 15 minutes before dropping off again on both channels. Thanks though... I used to get solid 100% back in VirtualDJ 4+ but it has probably been since that last two upgrades that I lose them. What I see on my TCV config screen is full signal on graphic but 0% beneath them. Very odd.

Try checking the RIAA preamp option, see what that does

geposted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 10:53 am
I tried that too... no difference. Thanks though.

geposted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:13 pm
My TCVs are the culprit!!!!!! I may have reached the end of their life expectancy. There are spots on the records where the tone goes below the quality threshhold of the software even though it is still audible. Time to shell out another $40 for TCVs (much cheaper than going with Serato!!!!)

geposted Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 3:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)