Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SSL Crates Showing up but files won't load

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

first off i am a long time (since release) ssl user i even switched from final scratch to ssl. now i have started looking into Numark Cue/Virtual DJ for the video aspect of it. i have tried searching and it seems there is no real support for virtual dj which kind of discurages me from buying a pro license but if i can get my one problem solved i will go for it. my only problem i have come accross is the issue with reading crates and files from within Cue from my ssl crates. I have tried the old copy _scratchlive_ to the scratchlive fold and all that does is shows my crates and files in Cue but when i go to load a track i get ERROR behind it and it wont load. if i go in the desktop browser and find the folder and load the file with works fine. one of the big things that got my attention with Cue was the fact it will read my ssl crates, which have taken a LONG time to put together. i found numorious posts on it with no real solutions. as ANYONE come up with a solution as to why this doesnt work right? I really would like to update from trial to pro but if i have to rebuild everythign i might as well just go with SSL Video instead of VDJ/Cue. i would love to spend more money on a product that does what it says. any help would be appreciated.

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 9:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Our support is available via our website here - http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

As for you situation with the SSL Crates. Currently the crates support of the software only works with the default location of the SSL software. When SSL changed to the multiple crates design it created a 'incompatibility' issue with our current version. There are a few on here that have come up with a work around to the issue.

I understand your methodology in deciding on whether or not to purchase or not. I would hope you would look beyond the crates issue and compare other features of the software. And if you are just bridging over into video then you still will have to 'setup' (cues, file info, etc) each video as you build your video library. So though I understand you want to move to 1 solution and bring all your information from SSL into VirtualDJ, if you go with the SSL Video plugin you still would need to go through the setup of each track.

Hope to see you as a VirtualDJ user in the future.

Chris

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 6:07 pm
the videos im totally cool with rebuilding my crates for and cues ect but the audio files is what i'm concerned about. i know i would have to re instert cues in the audio files things like that i was hoping i wouldn't have to rebuild 30+ crates and subcrates.

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 8:19 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I completely understand what you are saying. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 10:01 pm
Can we add a "Browse..." button to tell VDJ where our SSL Crates are? Seems like that could be a beneficial feature.

geposted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 11:44 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I have asked for this also and for itunes also.
Itunes is in the reg tool kit now, crates needs to be.

If the crate location has been moved from the default location its a problem.
Some dj's move it to their music drive so its local regardless of what machine they use, which makes sense, but it screws up vdj.

geposted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 12:32 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
Some dj's move it to their music drive so its local regardless of what machine they use, which makes sense, but it screws up vdj.

Yup. I would be that dj. I build all my playlists on my desktop computer, then migrate everything to my "gig laptop" the day of the gig.

geposted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 12:52 pm

geposted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 9:21 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)