Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Master Tempo Settings

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mxd208CUE userMember since 2008
Looking for some help with my VDJ/Cue v5.0 Master Tempo settings.

I am running:
VDJ v5.2.1
Compaq Laptop - 1.75 gHz processor
2GB Ram
DJ I/O external sound card
500GB external hard drive housing all of the music

However, whenever I have the master tempo running, I get some real song glitching. It's almost inaudible if you're not listening for it, but when trying to mix, I can hear dropped beats and some distortion. I have my master tempo settings at Fast...and I only hear the distortion and glitching when I move the tempo on a track that has the master tempo turned on.

I tried pulling the preset slider all of the way to the left, but have the same issue.

Wondering if I should used the advanced algorithm and if so, what settings should I have?

I'm really struggling here...any help is greatly appreciated...

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 10:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please list all the settings on your Performance tab.

And if you have the SafeMode and Overclock checked - UNCHECK them.

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 10:20 pm
Latency - 1024
Scratch - Quality and Simple Algorithm
48kHz <-> 44kHz - Basic
Master tempo - Fast

Safe Mode and Overclock are off

Another bit of info...it doesn't seem that it's the degree of pitching as much as the amount of pitching done. Example...if I pitch a song by 3 bpm, I hear some glitching...If I then pitch the same song to -3bpm, the glitching gets worse...If I take it to a zero pitch, the glitching gets worse...all until I turn off the master tempo and start again...then I can try again.

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 10:40 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Change the Latency to Auto. By setting it to a value here you are telling VirtualDJ to use that millisecond value. IF the drivers are set at a different value you could be having audio issues (conflict) between the application and soundcard drivers.

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 11:12 pm
cstoll wrote :
Change the Latency to Auto. By setting it to a value here you are telling VirtualDJ to use that millisecond value. IF the drivers are set at a different value you could be having audio issues (conflict) between the application and soundcard drivers.

I'm pretty sure I have tried that a few a times, but haven't had much success. I will give it a shot and post again later today...

Thanks!

geposted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 5:59 am
arfurHome userMember since 2007
Please let us know if you get it sorted, I am having issues with the same thing and would be very happy to get it working.

Just for the sake of clarity, can someone explain to stupid me what the beatlock and master tempo functionality are?

I have assumed they are one and the same, ie If 2 tracks are playing and I press Master Tempo on deck 2, deck 1 syncs with deck 2 and stays locked to it even if I change deck 2's pitch. This is how it behaved before for me anyway..

Thanks.

geposted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 6:19 am
cstoll wrote :

Changed the latency to auto...same issue. I can't do any pitching greater than about 2 bpm without noticing something...

geposted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 7:02 pm
Any other moderator thoughts? What else can I try? Are there complexity and spatialization settings to do?

geposted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 7:25 pm
I have always found the fast MT to always be glitchy. I dont think you will get any better sound with the fast setting.

The advanced settings are decent but I have heard better (reflex).

I set the complexity to 2 and the spatialization to 1 on the advanced settings.

geposted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 8:37 pm
Thanks for that...that helps!

But, it doesn't make any sense though. For 4 years, I ran MixVibes, a much less widely used application with far less features, and had no issues with the Master Tempo using the same exact sound card. Which leads me to believe it's VDJ, not my sound card.

I am using a fair computer for the application, and can't figure out why it would have this problem The issue now is, I mix quite a bit...so Master Tempo becomes more important for me. I haven't heard any definitive answers about what would fix the issue (more ram, faster processor, etc...) so, I'm pretty much shooting in the dark.

At this point, I need to determine...do I stick with Cue/VDJ and deal with the glitching, as bad as it sounds ? Do I get a better computer, not knowing if a new computer will fix the issue? Do I get a different DJ software?

I have to believe that there's a setting change out there between the latency and the master tempo that would make it work for me. Any other advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 8:56 pm
I would not get Reflex yet. I bought Reflex but it kept crashing on me. I Wasted $200 only to buy VDJ 2 months later. VDJ has not crashed on me once since I have been using it. The Advanced MT is decent but the stability is worth staying for me. I would get a dual core and go for the advanced settings and you should notice much difference.

geposted Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 10:02 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am having this same issue.

When going faster, it seems to 'growl'. Also happens w/ 5.x as well.

No matter what card (192L or USB Gigaport HD). No matter WDM or ASIO. No matter ASIO4ALL or native ASIO.

Currently running 1333Mhz FSB and Intel Quad Q8200. 4Gb memory @ 800Mhz.

ASUS w/ Intel G31 chipset.

This also happens w/ my Intel 8400 Core Duo.

What are recommended settings for Complexity and Spatilization depending on CPU and speed?

Or should I just forget about MT and just use pitch?

Thanks gang!

geposted Sun 19 Jul 09 @ 10:10 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, tried something new.

For giggles n grins, I set the top number to 10 and bottom to 3 and made a major difference.

USB and PCI both yield same results w/ ASIO4ALL.

More details forthcoming... :)

Maybe someone in VDJ land can explain how much those advanced settings work and what horsepower is required.

Thanks!!!!

geposted Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 4:02 pm
interesting thread..
:-)

is this stuff in the manual.. I dont remember seeing it there?

hippydog2

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 2:47 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The information I posted above is not in the manual IIRC...

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 5:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)