Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX system upgrade support/suggestions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

OK people here's the deal. I have been using virtual dj 3.4 with the Hercules MK II on a Windows XP system with 1GB RAM 1.5GHZ AMD processor with 100 GB hard drive. So far I have had fairly good results with the console and the software. I have used timecode vinyl as well and had decent functionality in conjunction with my configuration set up.

So this is what I need all of you gurus out there to consider.

1.) I have taken the time to go through the different tech forums and seen many different problems being reported about the Hercules RMX and config problems with upgrading and things of that nature. The MK II gives me great functionality the sound could be improved upon a bit but by in large it has been a great controller for me especially when combined with my turntables and timecode.

2.) I want to upgrade to the RMX but I would like to know what is the best system config or best laptop to get to work along with it that will give me the least amount of problems and optimize performance and functionality?

3.) With all of the problems with windows vista is getting a Vista laptop a wise decision considering I'll be using the RMX console and eventually I want to be able to start mixing in video with my timecode mp3s all using the RMX as a controller?

In a nutshell this is what I was thinking, first I have a couple of residencies and I need to upgrade.

So this is what I came up with:
Hercules RMX controller to work with timecode
A windows vista ultimate laptop
3 Gb RAM
Intel Core II Duo or AMD Turion
3 to 400 Gb hard drive

Now does anyone have any better suggestions or warnings with a set up like this. Any help or insight you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Rock The RooF!

geposted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 3:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I'm using my RMX on two different laptops. One is running XP and it runs great on it. The other is running Vista Home 64 bit. Its rock solid on that one as well. As for configuring the XP machine is running in WDM mode. The Vista is running in ASIO mode. Both machine have Safe Mode and Overclock ticked off, and latency set to fastest. Both machines are running VDJ 5.2r1. You should update your VDJ with the RMX. Hope that helps...T

geposted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 3:46 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
I'm using my RMX on two different laptops. One is running XP and it runs great on it. The other is running Vista Home 64 bit. Its rock solid on that one as well. As for configuring the XP machine is running in WDM mode. The Vista is running in ASIO mode. Both machine have Safe Mode and Overclock ticked off, and latency set to fastest. Both machines are running VDJ 5.2r1. You should update your VDJ with the RMX. Hope that helps...T

what amount of RAM, Hard drive space, and and processor speed do you have? Have had any problems with program crashes when using loops effects or samples?

geposted Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 9:09 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)