Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PROBLEM WITH VISTA / VIRTUAL DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hola ! I need your help.
I bought a new computer with vista and I can't install well virtual dj. When I want to open it I've got this message "Error in the driver audio directX" ??? What does that mean ?? What can I do ? Thanks

geposted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 3:43 pm
Do you have a console edition. From your profile images it looks like you do.

I have received this error message when using the console version of VDJ and not having the console connected.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 5:15 pm
groggsHome userMember since 2006
I had this problem also. I managed to solve it after a couple of days trying a few things......

1. update virtual dj software
2. update hercules console drivers
3. update directX drivers

....all of this is obvious but after i'd done all of it i kept getting "directX sound errors" when starting virtual dj......

....another suggestion in the forums was to 'right click' on virtual dj and 'run as administrator'.....you have to enter your serial number etc

**Please forgive me for all of these suggestions as I'm not 100% sure what solved the problem.

One of the last things I did was unplug the hercules console from my laptop and click on virtual dj as normal. I got a message saying the hardware/ controller was not connected, so I plugged it in and waited for windows to recognise it and load the drivers and at last it worked!
So maybe this last thing is what needs to be done...maybe its that simple.

Hope this helps

geposted Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 2:54 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008

geposted Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 8:38 pm
Hi everyone I got virtual dj as an accompanying software programme with my ION iCJ01. After loading onto my brand new Toshiba laptop the program would not start and message about plug in controler missing came up. I take the previous points aboutupdated drivers etc but what exactly is this controler thingy. Any help appreciated please.
Tony

geposted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 12:37 pm
i used to use virtual dj and my hercules deck on my old pc which ran xp but now i got one with xp i can use the install disc because its cd -rom and have problems installing. any answers???

geposted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:06 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
dprosser84 wrote :
i used to use virtual dj and my hercules deck on my old pc which ran xp but now i got one with xp i can use the install disc because its cd -rom and have problems installing. any answers???

I'm sorry are you switching from XP to Vista? Or, just switching machines? I am not clear on what your asking....

geposted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:20 pm
(Hi everyone I got virtual dj as an accompanying software programme with my ION iCJ01. After loading onto my brand new Toshiba laptop the program would not start and message about plug in controler missing came up. I take the previous points aboutupdated drivers etc but what exactly is this controler thingy. Any help appreciated please.)
Tony

I'm having the same problem... i got the ion imx02 mixer with VDJ program when i installed it on my computer running xp it worked fine... but when i installed it on my laptop running vista it says controller not plugged in ( the controller is the mixer connected by usb to your computer ). technical support on here told me there were no problems with the VDJ program and that it was a problem with my imx02 mixer drivers that were not supported by vista.... ok..... then i downloaded the trial VDJ program from this site and would you believe it the mixer worked perfect on my laptop running vista, so the drivers for the imx02 are supported by vista... can anyone shed some light on this problem???

thanks
paul

geposted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 12:14 pm
Hi Paul so we have identified a problem re the windows operating system. Vista seems to be the problem as I too have run a trial version of virtual dj on my XP computer and I had no probs running it. Annoying that the one version that I have paid for is the one not working. Come on you Atomix tech guys help us out here!
Is the iCJ01 also not supported if thats the case why sell it with vdj?
Tony

geposted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 12:23 pm
i dont think it is as i was told my mixer drivers were not supporeted by vista thats why it did not work with the VDJ software that came with it... but the trial VDJ works with the mixer on vista so the mixer drivers are not the problem when it comes to vista..??? im confused....

geposted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 12:45 pm
Hi guys, Ive had the exact same problem with my virtual DJ and running on Vista, and I know for a fact that the mixer drivers are woking well on vista because ive played both channels simultaneously in another program. Any help from anyone would be hugely appeciated

geposted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 1:00 pm
i played out the other day using the mixer and the trial VDJ on vista and had no problems.....????? dont figure...

geposted Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 1:08 pm
Hi guys. The wonderful (not!!!)yech guys here on vdj answered my question with a rather curt reply that basically says if your software came as a package with hardware such as mine (Ions iCJ01)then there is no support forthcoming from them!!!!!!! Unbelievable I know but that customer service for you. You'd think they would want to encourage sales of their product . Any hoo If your laptop has an integral web cam try disabling this as the people from Ion suggested. All the best

geposted Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 6:00 am
customer service?????? they are a joke on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are of no help at all, i got much more help and correct information from you guys!!.. they should lower there heads in shame!

geposted Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 1:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)