Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with primary laptop sound card & Virtual DJ...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everyone,

I am currently running Virtual DJ 5 with a Numark Total Control on my HP dv7-1135nr Laptop with Windows vista x64. The problem I am inquiring about though, however, am pretty sure has nothing to do with any of those specs other than the software and my stock soundcard with the laptop (which is a whatever the standard Windows sound drivers are).

Alot of times when I move a fader...cross fader, EQ knob, or main volume level, I notice some sort of distortion noise. I wanna describe it as a buffering noise or something...im not sure. That's using the "simple" sound card option. I have Asio4all installed and tried using that as the Sound Card (cause Im guessing this is what the problem is) and I get no audio. I tried going into the Asio4all Advance settings and dissabling/abling the different options, but I'm not sure which ones should be abled and dissabled.

Anyways...is there anyone out there who knows whats goin on and what can be done to remedy this problem!?

Would appreciate any help greatly!

Thanks!

geposted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 6:06 pm
Set your performance slider in VDJ to the Left Fastest. Latency to Auto, check to see if safe mode is checked, if it is Uncheck it if it isnt check it.

geposted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 6:48 pm
The performance slider is one away from all the way to the left...it's in the middle/left. Won't that take away from the quality of my MP3's/songs though?

What does "auto" latency do. I put it on that, will see how it works...

I'd like to remain as highest quality songs as possible...

Safe mode is and has been checked

geposted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 9:06 pm
Still does it even with those settings :-\

geposted Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 9:08 pm
I had this problem, but it was with the DJ/IO from Numark. I found it to be the Video Drivers that was actually causing the distortion while trying to do the same things you were.

geposted Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:15 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)