Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Uninstall...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Does anyone know how to CP<PLETELY uninstall VDJ so I can get a VERY clean install? I'm having some real issues with VDJ. Thanks!

Chris

geposted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 3:49 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You got to be kidding right ?

geposted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 3:57 pm
lol Ummmmm......yeah. I'm not sure how that happened, but it really said:

Does anyone know how to completely uninstall VDJ? I'm talking TOTALLY erase if from my system, so I can do a clean install. Please don't state the obvious, which is use the uninstall function. I can and have done that, but when you reinstall, there are still settings, crates, etc that are present. I'm asking because I've having some major issues with VDJ. I believe it may be due to some left over installed files.

I don't have the SLIGHTEST idea how the first post got like that, but here we are. Thanks ahead of time!

Chris Kelley

geposted Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 6:49 pm
I'll try it. Thanks!!

Chris

geposted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 12:04 am
I was going to say..

I know how to TP, but I don't think that's the same thing.

Sorry for the lame joke. I couldn't resist.

Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

:)

geposted Wed 31 Dec 08 @ 3:29 am
If you're seeing creates and virtual folders, you will find that these are stored in the .vdj5 file that is present in the root of every drive that has music.

This is a godsend believe me... As it means your music info is preserved and you will not have to re-tag all your music.

Yes, a registry cleaner will help, however I always create a manual restore point prior to installing VDJ and Console drivers, that way to uninstall I revert back to that restore point which wipes all application settings.

This will also include ANY software installed after that point so make sure you realise this if you use this technique.

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Thu 01 Jan 09 @ 4:00 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
GadgetMan wrote :
If you're seeing creates and virtual folders, you will find that these are stored in the .vdj5 file that is present in the root of every drive that has music.

We use no such file .vdj5 - we only use a .xml file and it is called VirtualDJ Database v5.xml

geposted Thu 01 Jan 09 @ 8:01 pm
I knew the file you were talking about anyway :) Yeah, it IS a God-send!! Thanks for your help guys! The registry tool is what I was looking for I think.

geposted Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 7:14 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)