Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ALL POSSIBLE MIDI COMANDS ! - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Dear Users and dear Atomix Productions.

Can anyone please be so kind to provide us all the available
commands that can be used inside the GENERAL MIDI option
when someone wants to manually configure his console ???

And i am talking about the MIDI COMMANDS .

<ctrl ....
<note ....
bla bla bla bla

My team is personally so close to make many consoles work with your software
VIRTUAL DJ and because i see that you are not helping us and any other user
that bought your software, please at least advice us with all the available
MIDI COMMANDS that can be written inside the .XML file ,either from inside
the GENERAL MIDI learning mode or either from just a simple editor for .XML
files.

Don't you want to sell anymore your software or is there another reason that you
have stopped producing a new version of VIRTUAL DJ ???

Please be so kind to help us and everyone here in the forum.

You are just destroying your repputation and lowering your sales.

Its up to you VIRTUAL DJ CREW - TEAM - TECHNICIANS ,to help us and yourself.

Have a nice day to all people.

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 8:19 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not really a good way to build a relationship. I think your accusations are a bit far fetched and definitely unprofessional to make accusations such about how we support our users when you yourself are asking for support.

So, in the learn mode of the General MIDI it opens up to a dialog and it has all the commands/actions that are assignable.
There is the first place you should have looked.

Also, since a MIDI XML is essentially a 'plug-in'; if you were to look in our Plug-ins forum you would have found this thread which shows you the list of what you are asking for --

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/66979/Virtual_DJ_Plugins/Plugins_SDK_for_VirtualDJ_v5_x_and_Numark_CUE_(PC___MAC).html

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 10:16 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
giannoulopoulos wrote :

The MIDI information (notes etc...) sent by the device are available from the manufacturer of the device. Atomix cannot provide you with this information as they didn't build the device or program it's firmware.

However the MIDI shortcuts available to be mapped to the devices are all listed in the thread cstoll posted, and also are all listed in the MIDI learn window, where funnily enough, you configure your MIDI shortcuts. They are all listed there, in plain sight, in both a list and in categorised form for you to see.

giannoulopoulos wrote :
My team is personally so close to make many consoles work with your software VIRTUAL DJ and because i see that you are not helping us and any other user that bought your software, please at least advice us with all the available MIDI COMMANDS that can be written inside the .XML file ,either from inside the GENERAL MIDI learning mode or either from just a simple editor for .XML files.

As above, all the information you want is available on this forum already. Any user can use the MIDI learn function to do this mapping, it's really not difficult at all. Many users have already done so. If your "team" is so smart, they would have seen this the first time they tried to manually map anything at all ;)

giannoulopoulos wrote :
Don't you want to sell anymore your software or is there another reason that you have stopped producing a new version of VIRTUAL DJ ???

The last version of VDJ was 5.2.1. This wasn't that long ago. How often do other vendors release updates?

giannoulopoulos wrote :

I'm sorry, but you sir are an idiot.

giannoulopoulos wrote :

The information you needed was all already available, all you had to do was look instead of whinging. Did you post up in the plugins forum requesting any information? Nope as I would have seen it. Did you read all the plugin threads? Nope, as you would have seen the information you asked for.

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 11:36 am
cstoll wrote :
Not really a good way to build a relationship. I think your accusations are a bit far fetched and definitely unprofessional to make accusations such about how we support our users when you yourself are asking for support.

Also, since a MIDI XML is essentially a 'plug-in'; if you were to look in our Plug-ins forum you would have found this thread which shows you the list of what you are asking for --

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/66979/Virtual_DJ_Plugins/Plugins_SDK_for_VirtualDJ_v5_x_and_Numark_CUE_(PC___MAC).html

I am trying to be polite Mr Cstoll.I was just so dissapointed when i see that my partner managed to make the VCI-300 fully working
with your software but what about the LEDS and the pitch ? All the plugins i have seen here in download area ,arent working
properly with VCI-300 .So all i asked was a bit help and also made a serius question i guess ,asking ...what is finally going on with
Atomix productions... are they going to proceed with a newer version + 100% native support or are they stopping ? Because
the competition as i see is very very big ,from other Companies :(

Thanks for the tip .

And i am sorry if my way made you feel insulted ...

I just try to figure out whats happening... here and there...

My kindest regards

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 1:35 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
giannoulopoulos wrote :
my partner managed to make the VCI-300 fully working
with your software but what about the LEDS and the pitches ?

That's the only problem, when using the midi commands to set up your control you lose such features, like the backlights and any displays. Even if you use a xml mapper from the download area.

The only way to keep these features is if they are native to the software.

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 1:45 pm
SBDJ wrote :
giannoulopoulos wrote :

The MIDI information (notes etc...) sent by the device are available from the manufacturer of the device. Atomix cannot provide you with this information as they didn't build the device or program it's firmware.

However the MIDI shortcuts available to be mapped to the devices are all listed in the thread cstoll posted, and also are all listed in the MIDI learn window, where funnily enough, you configure your MIDI shortcuts. They are all listed there, in plain sight, in both a list and in categorised form for you to see.

giannoulopoulos wrote :
My team is personally so close to make many consoles work with your software VIRTUAL DJ and because i see that you are not helping us and any other user that bought your software, please at least advice us with all the available MIDI COMMANDS that can be written inside the .XML file ,either from inside the GENERAL MIDI learning mode or either from just a simple editor for .XML files.

As above, all the information you want is available on this forum already. Any user can use the MIDI learn function to do this mapping, it's really not difficult at all. Many users have already done so. If your "team" is so smart, they would have seen this the first time they tried to manually map anything at all ;)

giannoulopoulos wrote :
Don't you want to sell anymore your software or is there another reason that you have stopped producing a new version of VIRTUAL DJ ???

The last version of VDJ was 5.2.1. This wasn't that long ago. How often do other vendors release updates?

giannoulopoulos wrote :

I'm sorry, but you sir are an idiot.

giannoulopoulos wrote :

The information you needed was all already available, all you had to do was look instead of whinging. Did you post up in the plugins forum requesting any information? Nope as I would have seen it. Did you read all the plugin threads? Nope, as you would have seen the information you asked for.

1.First i know the MIDI notes of the manufacturer with the help of a MIDI translator software.

2.Its not so funnily enought to configure your shortcuts from within MIDI LEARN procedure because
it doesn't provide all the MIDI commands inside so you can for example tell the software to communicate
correctly with a specific button ,when its pressed to light up too .

3.For instance PCDJ (one similar software like VDJ) updates its software approx. every 2 months .

4.I dont think i am an IDIOT !!! I didnt use any bad language either to you or CSTOLL. All i was trying to
figure out is : "is this company moving forward??? is it updating its software ??? what about new dj console updates ?

5.Its true i havent checked inside the plugins forum ,because i thought it was a technical issue .Something between
Vestax firmware or coding and Atomix productions.

I am really sorry to make that mess here. I just try to complete what i started. I try so hard to make VIRTUAL DJ
to work with VCI-300 (with all features) in order to help me first and then all of the people who own a VCI-300 and
also Atomix Productions in a way.

Practice and Enjoy ...

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 2:02 pm
jimmy b wrote :
giannoulopoulos wrote :
my partner managed to make the VCI-300 fully working
with your software but what about the LEDS and the pitches ?

That's the only problem, when using the midi commands to set up your control you lose such features, like the backlights and any displays. Even if you use a xml mapper from the download area.

The only way to keep these features is if they are native to the software.

I fully agree with you Jimmy. I hope something help us...

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 2:06 pm
giannoulopoulos wrote :
2.Its not so funnily enought to configure your shortcuts from within MIDI LEARN procedure because
it doesn't provide all the MIDI commands inside so you can for example tell the software to communicate
correctly with a specific button ,when its pressed to light up too .

The General MIDI functionality is input only - output is not supported. For that to work properly you need the controller to be natively support by VDJ, which can't be done by the user easily.

giannoulopoulos wrote :
3.For instance PCDJ (one similar software like VDJ) updates its software approx. every 2 months .

Thats the exception rather than the rule I'm afraid. Look at the update frequency of Torq and SSL for example.

giannoulopoulos wrote :
4.I dont think i am an IDIOT !!! I didnt use any bad language either to you or CSTOLL. All i was trying to
figure out is : "is this company moving forward??? is it updating its software ??? what about new dj console updates ?

The tone of your post was extremely rude. VDJ is probably the most extensible and flexible video DJ software available. It is regularly updated, but it's not a constant stream of untested releases - each release takes time to develop and be tested.

The VCI-300 I believe can be used in a limited fashion in general MIDI mode. I don't have one, so I can't expand on that I'm afraid. Full native support will no doubt be added in the near future. You will just have to be patient - in the meantime I would always recommend people purchase a controller that is officially supported/tested ;)

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 5:28 pm
giannoulopoulos wrote :
I am trying to be polite Mr Cstoll.I was just so dissapointed when i see that my partner managed to make the VCI-300 fully working with your software but what about the LEDS and the pitch ? All the plugins i have seen here in download area ,arent working
properly with VCI-300 .So all i asked was a bit help and also made a serius question i guess ,asking ...what is finally going on with
Atomix productions... are they going to proceed with a newer version + 100% native support or are they stopping ? Because
the competition as i see is very very big ,from other Companies :(

Thanks for the tip .

And i am sorry if my way made you feel insulted ...

I just try to figure out whats happening... here and there...

My kindest regards

Well lets start with your post was very rude to start with and what you are asking could have been resolved by your own efforts if you would have looked in this forum at all the VCi-300 posts.

Second, the 'competition' you speak of -- Serato and Traktor ? The VCI-300 is designed and specifically engineered for Serato ITCH just like the NS7 controller by Numark - (which we don't support in the current version except by MIDI and even then it's partial). Oh and Numark is one of our partners - VirtualVinyl and CUE. And as for Traktor, well to use the VCI-300 you have to MOD the controller in order for it to work.

Again, if you were to research the forums - you would have discovered that our MIDI has always been one way direction - Receiving. Our MIDI does not support sending commands, yet.

As for your question about a new version, you could have simply asked when we might be releasing our next version and if the VCI-300 will be supported. And to answer that question - you would have found again that we do not announce release dates or what is in the updates. And there have been LONGER breaks between VirtualDJ versions then between the last update to the next.

So, though you have a very rude way of asking a simple question; you have now gotten your answers.

geposted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 6:29 pm
Well lets start with your post was very rude to start with and what you are asking could have been resolved by your own efforts if you would have looked in this forum at all the VCi-300 posts.

<i still dont believe i was rude>

Second, the 'competition' you speak of -- Serato and Traktor ? The VCI-300 is designed and specifically engineered for Serato ITCH just like the NS7 controller by Numark - (which we don't support in the current version except by MIDI and even then it's partial). Oh and Numark is one of our partners - VirtualVinyl and CUE. And as for Traktor, well to use the VCI-300 you have to MOD the controller in order for it to work.

<I know VCI-300 was designed for ITCH ,but still why not be supported
by VIRTUALDJ ??? And dont stick only on VCI-300...What
about other new dj-consoles which need definetely native support ???
Dont u think a newer version must come up...?>

Again, if you were to research the forums - you would have discovered that our MIDI has always been one way direction - Receiving. Our MIDI does not support sending commands, yet.

<I have understood that in GENERAL MIDI LEARNING MODE of VIRTUALDJ
you cannot send commands.Only receive.But i have seen on other
softwares like TRAKTOR PRO that in the MIDI LEARNING MODE you can
send commands ...Is it really so difficult to make that happen
also on VIRTUALDJ ??? Since you have the knowledge.If you want i can provide
you with our .XML, incase to make any tests with
a VCI-300 and see for yourself that when u are inside a club playing, LEDS ARE
ABSOLUTELY NEEEDED.I can understand that Vestax
as a company should have made a PATCH for making working with VIRTUALDJ
such as a .DLL file lets say.But i assume that Vestax
has made a contract with SERATO for a lifetime... Its like they are telling us that if
u want to make VCI-300 work u must only get it done
with SERATO .For me personnally i believe this is not fair.I want to support
VIRTUALDJ - thats why i bought it - thats why i continue
to use VIRTUALDJ because its the best for me ... all these years i play music in
clubs ,VIRTUALDJ was the best by far.I dont think
there is something wrong to update my equipment (console).All i was hoping is to
see VCI-300 work with VIRTUALDJ.Its up to someone
to help.>

As for your question about a new version, you could have simply asked when we might be releasing our next version and if the VCI-300 will be supported. And to answer that question - you would have found again that we do not announce release dates or what is in the updates. And there have been LONGER breaks between VirtualDJ versions then between the last update to the next.

<Yes i have seen that already.I know that Atomix doesnt announce dates or what
is in updates.But why ??? And why other companies
make the announces for their software ??? Do u have anything to "hide" from your
customers ??? I believe it would be good to announce
your software updates to let your customers know that your are moving fast and
that u do something about the new dj-consoles and generally
about the software itself.>

So, though you have a very rude way of asking a simple question; you have now gotten your answers.

<I dont still believe i was rude. I just was soooooooo dissapointed when i saw that i
couldnt use VIRTUALDJ properly with VCI-300.I was also
mad about that ,because i love VIRTUALDJ and i thought i might get proper support
about that.Besides i am a customer to your company and
i payed for the software.Lets say "i could demand an update" ... Still i think its not a
rude way.
Hoping that the day will come... and lots and lots of people with newer dj-consoles will
be happy ,when a newer version of VIRTUALDJ comes up
with this NATIVE SUPPORT working...

My regards to you and the team.
I feel proud to be a VIRTUALDJ customer.
Have a nice creative day.>

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 1:38 am
The General MIDI functionality is input only - output is not supported. For that to work properly you need the controller to be natively support by VDJ, which can't be done by the user easily.

<The GENERAL MIDI funcionality at least in VIRTULDJ is input yes i know.
Why on other softwares is not only input??? In TRAKTOR its easy to turn
the lights on every button.I guess this should be done also on VIRTUALDJ .
Am i wrong ?I personally believe that since VIRTUALDJ is the
best software by far and should have NATIVE SUPPORT to a big number
of dj-consoles.Dont u think ?>

Thats the exception rather than the rule I'm afraid. Look at the update frequency of Torq and SSL for example.

<I am not a fan of TORQ and SSL. I only like VIRTUALDJ.
I think ATOMIX should announce the updates of the version's software.>

The tone of your post was extremely rude. VDJ is probably the most extensible and flexible video DJ software available. It is regularly updated, but it's not a constant stream of untested releases - each release takes time to develop and be tested.

<What about my tone??? I was feeling so dissapointed thats all.
I am big fan of VIRTUALDJ.Why should i have a support then? I know
that VDJ is the most extensible software ever... where is then this extensiveness...
where is the compatibility with all the newer
dj-consoles that come up (i am not talking about VCI-300 only) ? >

The VCI-300 I believe can be used in a limited fashion in general MIDI mode. I don't have one, so I can't expand on that I'm afraid. Full native support will no doubt be added in the near future. You will just have to be patient - in the meantime I would always recommend people purchase a controller that is officially supported/tested ;)[/quote]

<Where is that near future coming??? I mean does anyone have a clue informing
me and any other with a newer console, when a newer
version of VDJ will come up? Its not so rude and not so bad for me to ask this ?
If again u believe i was soooooooo rude - I AM SORRY.
Have a nice day>

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 1:56 am
giannoulopoulos wrote :

<The GENERAL MIDI funcionality at least in VIRTULDJ is input yes i know.
Why on other softwares is not only input??? In TRAKTOR its easy to turn
the lights on every button.I guess this should be done also on VIRTUALDJ .
Am i wrong ?I personally believe that since VIRTUALDJ is the
best software by far and should have NATIVE SUPPORT to a big number
of dj-consoles.Dont u think ?>

<I am not a fan of TORQ and SSL. I only like VIRTUALDJ.
I think ATOMIX should announce the updates of the version's software.>

<What about my tone??? I was feeling so dissapointed thats all.
I am big fan of VIRTUALDJ.Why should i have a support then? I know
that VDJ is the most extensible software ever... where is then this extensiveness...
where is the compatibility with all the newer
dj-consoles that come up (i am not talking about VCI-300 only) ? >

The VCI-300 I believe can be used in a limited fashion in general MIDI mode. I don't have one, so I can't expand on that I'm afraid. Full native support will no doubt be added in the near future. You will just have to be patient - in the meantime I would always recommend people purchase a controller that is officially supported/tested ;)

<Where is that near future coming??? I mean does anyone have a clue informing
me and any other with a newer console, when a newer
version of VDJ will come up? Its not so rude and not so bad for me to ask this ?
If again u believe i was soooooooo rude - I AM SORRY.
Have a nice day>

Compatibility for some controllers is added with updates. The extensiveness is that I can do far more to map supported controllers than in any other software. With native controllers I can do pretty much anything, far above and beyond what Traktor is capable of.

Update release dates are never announced in advance I'm afraid.

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 7:15 am
You still don't get it and are being more rude and making it more argumentative by now using bold text.

You are entitled to your opinion on how we do business - but it is our business methods and unfortunately you will just have to be disappointed that you are not able to get those types of answers the way you like.

You have been give the answers to the questions where answers can be given there is nothing more here to discuss as your questions have been answered.

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:13 am
cstoll wrote :
You still don't get it and are being more rude and making it more argumentative by now using bold text.

You are entitled to your opinion on how we do business - but it is our business methods and unfortunately you will just have to be disappointed that you are not able to get those types of answers the way you like.

You have been give the answers to the questions where answers can be given there is nothing more here to discuss as your questions have been answered.

YOU THINK THAT I USED BOLD TO RAISE MY TONE ???
I guess you still missunderstood me again !!!
I used bold letters to show my replies because i dont
have time to use quotes all day long.

So its ok then Mister Cstoll .Thank you so much for yor help.
I think i got my answers and everyone here saw your answers
as a company re-presentative .

I guess that untill (we dont know when...its never announced anyway)
ATOMIX makes a newer version ,i will then have to move to another
company and a better software than yours.

I feel so sorry that you might loose some customers that way.

Have a nice day (creating software i guess).

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:28 am
SBDJ wrote :

Compatibility for some controllers is added with updates. The extensiveness is that I can do far more to map supported controllers than in any other software. With native controllers I can do pretty much anything, far above and beyond what Traktor is capable of.

Update release dates are never announced in advance I'm afraid.

I agree with you, that lots of things can happen with native controllers.

The thing is .... what can u do about VIRTUALDJ and VCI300 ?

Can you do something or only with the consoles that VDJ supports ?

Cheers

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:33 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
giannoulopoulos wrote :

I guess that untill (we dont know when.... hahaha) ATOMIX
makes a newer version ,i will then have to move to another

I am sure developers are working about a new version right now in fact they need to release a new version at least for the native mappers for the new controllers; all of that in order to remain inside the market!

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:34 am
sischo wrote :

I am sure developers are working about a new version right now in fact they need to release a new version at least for the native mappers for the new controllers; all of that in order to remain inside the market!

I guess they should... but ... nobody knows... unless
you have some clues saying that :)

Regards

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:37 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
For the moment only TEAMERS know which are the new improvement that developers are implementing in the next release but they can't say to us when the new version will be release not to create false expectations in the users.

I can say to you:
stay calm and we need to wait for it; we can't do anything to speed the date of release up!!
We depends on developers that, I am sure, they aren't sleeping!

I can claim that it's much better to have a steady version later than a version full of bugs now.

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:51 am
giannoulopoulos wrote :
I guess that untill (we dont know when...its never announced anyway)
ATOMIX makes a newer version ,i will then have to move to another

I feel so sorry that you might loose some customers that way.

It's this kind of attitude that makes you come across as rude.

Let me get something straight for you:

* You own VDJ
* You bought a controller that is not supported by VDJ
* You did no research on using it in VDJ prior to purchasing
* You then start complaining on the forum about how VDJ doesn't support your controller

That sequence of events unfortunately looks like it's down to you, not the team. Yes it's a shame that VDJ doesn't currently support the VCI-300 natively, but you should have already known that before purchasing and maybe should have thought "I'll hold off until it's actually working". It's not like the VCI-300 is exactly the be-all and end-all of controllers either!

If other software is "better" for you, then you should already be using that. I know I would be, and if the other software is that much better I wouldn't be hanging around the VDJ forums complaining.

Have no doubt, VDJ development has not stalled, a new version will be coming in the future. They don't generally just release updates because someone has launched a new controller - that happens every week at the moment!!

If you think the VDJ development cycle is poor, go have a look at Torq, specifically the length of time it's taken 1.5 to come out and the subsequent backlash about the quality of that release.

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 9:06 am
sischo wrote :
For the moment only TEAMERS know which are the new improvement that developers are implementing in the next release but they can't say to us when the new version will be release not to create false expectations in the users.

I can say to you:
stay calm and we need to wait for it; we can't do anything to speed the date of release up!!
We depends on developers that, I am sure, they aren't sleeping!

I can claim that it's much better to have a steady version later than a version full of bugs now.

I never said the developers and all the group of ATOMIX are sleeping... i just wonder when
a newer version might come up with of course supporting newer dj-consoles.
Thats all.

Let us pray :)

geposted Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 1:40 pm
47%