Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please help, need help with setting up vdj

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

sau_33Home userMember since 2009
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not new to the software.

I've bought a license version from my friend 4 years ago and this piece of amazing software has inspired me to dig deeper into the joy of mixing.

Anyhow, the other day i purchased a pair of Vestax PDX-A1 MKII's for $270AUD (1 turntable also came with Ortofon Concorde Scratch Cartridge + Stylus) not sure exactly what it's for but i assume its to make it better for scratching.

And i have a Numark DXM09 + 2 timecoded vinyls

So the question is..

How do i setup the virtual dj and the turntables to work with the timecoded vinyls?

From reading through the forums it looks like i need a special external sound card? Can i use 2 internal sound cards? Which 2 would you recommend keeping in mine cost? Or shall i buy an external one? Again if so, which one do you recommend?

In the very near future i also plan on purchasing a midi controller such as the m-audio, how can i use that in conjunction with the 2 vestax turntables and numark mixer?

Thanks heaps!
Any help would be much appreciated.

geposted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 7:45 am
Please note that "buying a copy from your friend" is probably in contravention of the EULA. If it is a legitimate copy you are in possession of then please register the serial number against your user on the forum.
Thanks!

geposted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 9:02 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Time code use needs a multi channel card with 2 stereo inputs like the Hercules MK2, RMX u46dj or the maya 44 usb.

The wiring connections are as follows:
TT or Cd deck output to the sound card input, sound card output to the mixer input, mixer output to the amp rack or powered speakers.

You will need to purchase time code vinyls or burn the cd time code from our download section.

Midi devices will coexist with other configurations without trouble.

geposted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 9:21 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)