Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What Bizarre? Try This....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Everyone. I've had my share of small problems pretty much all relating to either performance or update issues.

I'm now using a:

Dual Core 2.99Ghz Processor
3GB Ram
XP Pro

Issue, I think, is with the video card. I have an ATI HD 4550.

Problem?

When I play videos (same vobs I can easily play on my puny Acer Netbook) 8 seconds in the right 2/3s of the screen gets the weird interlacing, green/blue interferance for about 5 seconds then repeats every 10 seconds.

Annoying is an understatement. This rig should easily play these. But it doesn't.

Updated video card drivers
Updated Direct-X
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack

Any Idaes?

Big D

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 10:15 pm
Hi Everyone. I've had my share of small problems pretty much all relating to either performance or update issues.

I'm now using a:

Dual Core 2.99Ghz Processor
3GB Ram
XP Pro

Issue, I think, is with the video card. I have an ATI HD 4550.

Problem?

When I play videos (same vobs I can easily play on my puny Acer Netbook) 8 seconds in the right 2/3s of the screen gets the weird interlacing, green/blue interferance for about 5 seconds then repeats every 10 seconds.

Annoying is an understatement. This rig should easily play these. But it doesn't.

Updated video card drivers

ITS THE VIDEO CARD. THOSE ATI HD SERIES ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. ALSO HAD CONFLICTS WITH SOME OF MY 3D ANIMATION SOFTARE. I RETURNED IT TO FRYS AND BOUGHT THE NVIDIA VERTO AND SOLVED ALL MY PROBLEMS.
Updated Direct-X
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack

Any Idaes?

Big D

geposted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 7:34 pm
So I ripped the card out and went to Best Buy and bought a new card. A BFG 8600 GTS- a huge step down in performance from that other card. Installed it and it worked flawlessly.

What the hell is with that?

geposted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 8:55 pm
You need to run Vista on that card as it was designed for DX10, upgrade to Vista and all will be well. You do mean the HD 4850 correct?? That is the card I have and experience the same thing as you with XP.

geposted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 9:22 pm
Nah, it's the HD 4550. I know it's a legacy item, but it was inexpensive and I needed this to work right away.

Anyways, all is well and I can sleep again!

geposted Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 10:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)