Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya 44 USB Problem!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi peeps,

I am finding that when the device is plugged in it is not recognized by either Windows XP or Vista. The red LED to indicate power is lit but the yellow LED is not (which I believe means “no signal”).

Windows says "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and, Windows does not recognize it."

The question I am asking is;

Is my Maya 44 usb broken? Can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance

geposted Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 4:54 am
Try reinstalling drivers for maya44usb(cd that came with it(or download drivers from their website.

also maya likes to use the same usb each time so dont go sticking it anywhere! use one dedicated usb port just for the maya! that worked for alot of ppl including me

goodluck .hope this hepls

**if that dont work it might be due to u not owning the program.the demo and cracked versions dont like to act right or is limited functionality! sorry!

geposted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 9:40 am
Sometimes when you start windows with maya connected it doesn't work.
You have to unplug ang plug maya to the same usb port always.
So it will work again.

geposted Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 8:16 pm
Thanks for the replies guys, I can assure tht the problem has nothing to do with VDJ. Windows is saying it doesn't recognise the USB device.

I also understand that Maya 44s like the same USB port.

I don't really use VDJ but came here because many VDJ users have Maya 44s, I have the Maya 44 for music and since my computer's BIOS had died just before Xmas it hasn't worked on any other machine!?!?!?

Like i said.... it has power but no signal.

Later I will be testing the USB cable to see if the signal line is intact.

Any other insights into my problem will be appreciated. :)

geposted Fri 06 Mar 09 @ 5:51 am
sounds like you had a problem on your PC that knocked out your BIOS (which is hard to do) and also knocked out your MAYA (especially if it was connected at the time and did you have a power cut? or lighting? as a electrical surge could of caused it). if you perchesed it within 12 months take it bak to the retailer and they will send it off for repairs otherwise your bug****d!!! sorry but ull ave to buy a new one.

geposted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 3:25 pm
Try this, unistall all drivers pertaining to the Maya that you can see, then Google "Show Hidden Devices" you can search for xp and Vista. What you will do then is follow the instructions and it will show you all the drivers on your system to the devices that Arent hooked up etc.

You may very well have a "Confused" driver situation. Ran into this myself with another device. Try it out.

New one here http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=867

xp http://www.pcauthorities.com/windows-xp/view-all-devices-in-windows-xp-device-manager

geposted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 5:43 am
Cheers 4 all the replies guys, turns out to be a faulty usb connection to the board. Not fixed but sorted as im now listenin to crisp tunes :)

l8as

geposted Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 3:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)