Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJM 800 problems - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

AntzDjCUE userMember since 2007
After owning cue/virtual Dj for a year now, and owning 4 different laptops until i finally found one it works with ok-ish, i have now decided to ditch my total control and use my Pioneer DJM-800 and purchase the virtual vinyl and use time codes cd's with my 1000 mk3's (just ordered today). I've programmed all the functions i need for the DJM-800, but i want to use the 5 cue buttons to trigger the effects! I can only figure out how to get one to do this, as there is only one sample play funtion in the menu! Although there are twelve sample otions? But my biggest problem is that when music is playing, and i move the fader etc, the sound goes distorted as you slide the fader, you can hear it over the audio! I've tried to change all the performance settings but to no joy! I did'nt have this problem with my total control, unless i never noticed! Can anyone help? Is anyone else using the virtual vinyl? Is it any good? Any issues?

geposted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 7:32 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
How did you map your DJM-800 ?

If you can tell us how you mapped, we could help you out.

geposted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 8:37 pm
As the instruction book said! X-fader = x-fader and so on. I've just spent 5 hours trying to get virtual vinyl and djio to work (sending em back, they dont work), so uninstalled it all a few times etc, but it all still worked! I've not noticed it doing it at the mo, but it is 11.30 and my kids are in bed, so low volume!

geposted Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 6:31 pm
Let's start:
If you want to use the 5 cue buttons linked with 5 effects of VDJ, you need to use MIDI functions.

Did you connect your mixer to your pc by the MIDI OUT port?

If you didn't, you need to buy an USB-MIDI adapter like this one:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Uno.html

geposted Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 7:17 pm
Yes, done that. I went through the midi set up to config what i wanted to use.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 2:09 am
Good.
Now:
Go in REMOTE CONTROL, right-click on GENERAL MIDI and ACTIVE; then SETTING and ADD.

Push the CUE (channel 1) button of your mixer and the word AUTOLEARN should disappear because VDJ should recognize the MIDI signal.

Did you have it?

P.S: it's better go on step by step for understing if your configuration is alright.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:55 am
Cool, can i come back to you on this one, im having a nightmare trying to figure out how to get virtual vinyl to work in my laptop! It just wont work! I'll come back to the mixer. Many thanks.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 1:13 pm
It's very simple to configure all:)

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 1:26 pm
I cant get virtual vinyl to work. It wont configure the timecoded vinyl, the playback sound through the card is heavily dostorted. Once the box is plugged in it sends its own signal without even touching the vinyl, and the decks spin in reverse very very fast! I cant get it to work.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 1:28 pm
Now I was helping you for getting this:
"i want to use the 5 cue buttons to trigger the effects!"

If you don't let me understand what you wish, it's very difficult for me help you out!

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 1:31 pm
Ok. Im just having a nightmare with this virual vinyl. I'll get back to the mixer in couple of days.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 1:33 pm
Before we need to try and fixing your problems' mixer and after we will talk about Virtual Vinyl else we will have a big confusion.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 1:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sischo -- if the VirtualVinyl doesn't work the mixer is useless.

AntzDj - do the following.

Check your connections on the VV box. Make sure CDJs are plugged into the card correctly. Make sure the switches are to LINE and not PHONO. Even switch to PHONO and back to LINE just to make sure.

Make sure the Outputs from the VV box go to your desired channels on the mixer. Make sure the Pass Through outs go to desired channels - ALL into LINE LEVEL inputs on the mixer. Do not try to listen to the timecode through the Pass Through channels - use normal CDs.

Again, after validating your connections. Now put the VV vinyl on the tables and go back into VV and the Sound card / Timecode setup. And go through the Auto Config. Make sure the you are in the Advance View.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 2:35 pm
Hi, i done all of that. And had no joy for an hour tonight! Left it for 30 mins, went back to it, and for some reason it all works fine now! Im still annoyed that you cant use the djio as well. As my main aim for the virtual vinyal was to just act as a controller and the djio for headphone monitoring as i use all my channels on the mixer! No i got to find how i can put a line in for the master and free one up for the monitoring. It means i can play a record with a mp3 off the laptop! As ch1 and ch2 are for the cds, 3 and 4 for records. The djm 800 is'nt very well set up for this digital/laptop leap! Would be better if it had a in on the master for this kind ot thing, and an in on the headphones!

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 3:56 pm
cstoll wrote :
sischo -- if the VirtualVinyl doesn't work the mixer is useless.

This time I don't agree with you because as far as I know, MIDI features work whether you have plugged in or not any exernal CDJ/turntable; he just needs to connect his computer at his mixer.
The author said:
"i want to use the 5 cue buttons to trigger the effects!"

and I wanted to help him with such aim.

I prefer to help one user doing one thing at a time:)

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:25 pm
Right, i got my virtual vinyl kind of working. I can configure one of the cue buttons to play sample one, but cant see how to program cue button two to trigger sample two!

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:26 pm
Did you fix your Virtual Vinyl problems?

Did you decide what you wish to do exactly with your CUE buttons?:)

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:31 pm
No. I still got problems with it. I've only just managed to get it working. Now there are a few problems. I want cue button one to trigger sample 1, cue 2 to trigger sampe 2 and so on.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:44 pm
write me a PM with your MSN email address.
It's easier to talk there.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 5:56 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You definitely need help setting up your VirtualVinyl .... for one you should not need to use a DJIO for monitoring. Second the DJM-800 is more than capable to do what you want.

Also, with regards to your mixer ... why are you going to use the channel CUE buttons to trigger samples? You need those buttons to do what they are designed to do on the mixer - which is for headphone cue'ng. Think you should think more about what you are about to do and how this all really works.

sischo - I know the MIDI of the mixer is different from the setup of the VV environment ... but what good is setting up the mixer if you can not send audio to it so you can use the mixer.

geposted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 7:13 pm
65%