Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NEED HELP!!crash report inside - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am reading your thread.
Could you explain me a little bit better what "decode while hidden" do?

I read the manual but I did not understand if hidden means that you are using VDJ reduced to icon or maybe the video is hidden.

geposted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 2:33 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
gonna leave the technical answer to cel but i'm guessing selecting that, it does all the work in the back ground before you use it, a bit like a warm up before the race.

i'm probably a mile off in that analogy, lol. cel will put you guys right.

it does nothing to the size of vdj on your screen though.

geposted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 4:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
tayla wrote :
gonna leave the technical answer to cel but i'm guessing selecting that, it does all the work in the back ground before you use it, a bit like a warm up before the race.

That's the idea behind it. Instead of decoding both video in real-time, the option "decode while hidden" starts to decode the next video in the background. Consequently, you win smoothness during the video transition.

geposted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 6:00 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks for your replies.

Just a question:
since I understand this feature is good for getting better the video settings, why did dev need to put this option like a checkbox?
Is not it better to let it enabled on any system?

geposted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 7:30 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
guessing again sischo, the bigger spec systems may not require it where as the smaller ones do, but it will add to the background cpu when used.

cell once again will put you right.

geposted Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 4:34 am
update
so i restared my laptop..decided to go back to x32 and leave the x64 alone for now.
i ran videos pretty good without installing any codec packs ;
also i think my laptop screen or backlight is goin out .it flickers then the light on it goes out.
when i closed the screen and reopen it comes back on but i notice its gettin hot and does it again until i can adjust the fan to cool it enough.gotta take it for repairs.

any ways..
question:
whats the best codec pack i was using k-lite then vista codec pack;

so tuesday's gig:..using 2 dn5500 cdj,ddm4000 midi mixer edirol em-3 midi usb ,and wd mybook 1tb xternal hd.

i started with a playlist on deck 2 when i noticed a video was froze . i loaded a vid on deck 1 and it unfroze deck 2.
then i went into my mixing.. i get a silght pause in the video playin when i manipulate the one on the cued deck .it like slows down kinda a strobe thing or something cant figure might b my edrol em3 midi usb as i cant adjust latency or dont know the latency of it.

Crash ID=004df964 (date=903312306, version=5.2.1 Pro, build=521, thread=Scan, dump=f3aa8b45, excode=c0000005 (1,13817c))
Crash ID=0047c133 (date=904020517, version=5.2.1 Pro, build=521, thread=Main, dump=8b4a088b, excode=c0000005 (0,73636975))

the second ond i was just moving files on my external drive from one folder to another i when i got mr smiley face.

the first one was at tuesdays gig .my screen blacked out on me .. i closed the screen and reopen it but i noticed my screen resolution changed so i had to setup display properties and reselect video to get everything right again then i got the crash

geposted Thu 02 Apr 09 @ 9:09 am
dj t boogie wrote :

Crash ID=004df964 (date=903312306, version=5.2.1 Pro, build=521, thread=Scan, dump=f3aa8b45, excode=c0000005 (1,13817c))
Crash ID=0047c133 (date=904020517, version=5.2.1 Pro, build=521, thread=Main, dump=8b4a088b, excode=c0000005 (0,73636975))

the second ond i was just moving files on my external drive from one folder to another i when i got mr smiley face.

the first one was at tuesdays gig .my screen blacked out on me .. i closed the screen and reopen it but i noticed my screen resolution changed so i had to setup display properties and reselect video to get everything right again then i got the crash

Thank you so much for the additional comments because it helps a lot.

geposted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 3:09 pm
well installed the backlight today.found one 40usd +30next day delivery.
man that old card smells so burnt im surprised my cpu didnt catch a fire .lol.it did show some melting though.lol

well my gear i left at the club since i gotta b there 2night so will report tomorrow how it goes ..

btw @ djcel.. i also notice that before it only used to show maya 44 and asio mode so i would select sl 1 box in asio mode;
now i can select maya 44,sl 1,or asio when set up for 2tcv>2line mixer>souncard settings

geposted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 4:07 pm
well glad to report last night was flawless except when i clicked on a folde with a lot of subfolders i got about a 2minute freeze until it read everthing other than that everything went good. first great night with vdj in a long time

dint wanna stress it too much just put basic text on screen and light scratching(i notice with the fx some give the crossfader more of a delay in the cut)still got a bit of latency with crossfader got to figure out

will see how tonight goes

geposted Sat 04 Apr 09 @ 5:59 pm
saturdays gig:
colud not get 100% tc on deck 1..using sl1 box;switched to maya had same results.. no 100% tc on deck one ..tried switching rca around..same thing so i went ahead and started my night.
I had to take time code off deck one cause the tempo started speeding up on its own(very fast) mixing for about two hours then i noticed video on deck 1 was not moving .the song was playing still so i mixed in video on deck two then went to figure out deck one.
then.....

Crash ID=00428e55 (date=904050346, version=5.2.1 Pro, build=521, thread=Scan, dump=8934823b, excode=c0000005 (1,4))
Freeze (date=904050348, version=5.2.1 Pro, build=521, thread=Video)

i reloaded the same video(was a mpg file) that was froze (video froze not music on deck 1 )and vdj crashed and shut down. no smiley this time jus windows tryin to find a solution for the problem. so i canceled tat and restarted vdj.this time i couldnt get 100% on neither deck so i just went to cds

was using 2dn5000,edirol em 3 midi usb,sl1 box/maya44usb,ddm4000

also installed k lite codec pack full yesterday ..couldnt really see any difference in performance though

geposted Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 9:27 am
Was it a mpeg 1 or mpeg 2?
Sound part was encoded in which format?

geposted Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 1:18 pm
@cel:
dunno will look on xternal and check it ..
had a big event today @ comerica park (dribble walk for the kids ..part of the final four events we having here)
well i could n't get timeode @ 100% to save my life ! couldnt dare try it live on the radio station till i get this solved

geposted Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 9:18 pm

geposted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 3:34 pm
this is nice to have ..
so i selected all video file and chose stop on error will see what happens(or do i have to do them one at a time ?)gotta read the guide ... thanks.
is there something you can suggest for timecode problems?
last few gig i used original sl1 tc disk .i will burn new vdj ones and try them. .also i get same results on my maya44usb and the sl1 box (yesterday my partner even tried his sl1 box and i still got the same results.

geposted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 6:17 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)