Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anyone tried using the new Mac-Mini with video?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Now that the new Mac-Mini supports multiple displays, it should be useful for mixing videos. The specs seem good enough though I would suggest a memory upgrade.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any discussion about that yet. Anyone try it yet?

geposted Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 4:46 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
The benchmark reports that I have seen say there is very little improvement.

I have the last gen model and it can be a bit slow for videos

geposted Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 8:49 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
VOG_ wrote :
The benchmark reports that I have seen say there is very little improvement.

I have the last gen model and it can be a bit slow for videos

Thanks for the input.

Is it slow in just decoding and playing the videos or is it only when you use effects and/or transitions?

I have read that 3D performance has been increased by about 5 times with the addition of the Nvidia 9400M video card; it may not help in playing videos necessarily but should definitely be noticeable for 3D transitions and effects Also, the improved processor and increased memory/bus speeds should imply greatly increased processing power, but I agree that the benchmarks aren't much different except for tests that involve the faster hard drives. Additionally, storage access speed has doubled with the firewire800 port. Wireless is faster too, but that's almost irrelevant.

I can't help thinking that it has got to be better than my current laptop (P4 2.8Ghz, 2GB, ATI-X300 w/256MB) which has served me well for the past 4 years, but why drop that kind of money for only a small leap in performance?

geposted Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 1:16 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)