Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What gives? - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

When I had my issues regarding updates a couple of months back, I was told that Atomix DO NOT have support by phone and all correspondence must be done by support ticket.

I'm now getting a bit more hacked off as more time has passed and the current version is still not bugfixed. Version 6 is being mentioned but that could be days or years away.
Has the policy regarding phone contact now changed, and if so what are the contact details? as I would prefer to talk to someone face to face rather than using support tickets with the usual one word replies.

I know the usual outcome, it will be ready when it's ready read the EULA we have no liability blah blah, but it would be nice to talk to someone since I spent $299 on a product I'm not entirely satisfied with.

Thanks - Keith

geposted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 9:26 am
AntzDjCUE userMember since 2007
I have phoned numark, and they are no help and have no idea how to hep. I have used the automix ticket system, and I have fixed my video problem but and the load problem has gone (For now). But the software is unreliable, Some times I can have it working flawlessly for months, then all of a sudden it throws a wobbly for a few weeks, and there is NOTHING you can do to stop it doing this! There is no button to press! If computers want to have a paddy, they dont warn you! And vista is prone to this.
It's a computer, it cant talk to you and say "Hey, im going to mess your set up and start freezing your vids and music randomly". So you have no control over it. I now seem to have virtual dj (CUE) working ok now and then, i've stripped my laptop and iI do all possible to get it running smooth. I got the latency checker etc, and even when im having bad problems, im all green. It's my virtual vinyl im having trouble with. It's playing up big time and Numark dont give a toss, thats why im dissapointed.

geposted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:21 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
So take it up with Numark, this isn't the Numark support forum.

I will still oppose your statement that VDJ is unreliable however. It's been nothing but stable for me, as I've said before I've only ever had one legitimate crash. I don't get any problems with dropouts or freezing and so on.

geposted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:24 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
As a newcomer to VDJ, I have to say I find it reliable (so far!). Granted, I did have a few hangs shortly after it’s installation while doing full BPM scans (~80Gb). (Once I got filenames sorted and removed a few corrupt MP3’s, I can now do the full scans without issue. But that’s beside the point!).

For the last few weeks since I got the software, I’ve been trying to crash VDJ and haven’t been able. I’m still stress testing it before using it in a live gig and so far it’s working well and that’s with wireless and a load of unnecessary background processes still running that I could turn off, if I needed to (and will do before using it live).

Sorry to hear some of you lads are having issues, but it not the same for everyone.

Some of your posts give the wrong impression about the software. It was posts like these that initially had me reluctant to delve into the digital world of VDJ, thinking all I was going to experience were crashes, hangs, dropouts, and so on… My experience has been anything but :-)

In fairness to the experts in this forum (and I’m definitely not one of ‘em), if you give them the right information (h/w specs, crash dumps, config settings, what you were doing, etc.), help and support follows. I've been reading back through some of the many posts in the forum on various topics and I see loads of suggestions, help and solutions being offered. From my limited experience in here, I wouldn't regard the support as weak or lacking.

Ok, getting off my soapbox now. Just thought it was worth pointing out that things ain’t as bad as some of you are making out, IMHO.

Just my $0.02 worth...hang in there guys ;-)

Martin.

geposted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 1:42 pm
Martin,

You make some very good points and point out something that EVERY new user should do:

Quote :
I’m still stress testing it before using it in a live gig

A top tip for anyone there - TEST TEST AND TEST before going live and iron out all those problems you may experience. What people need to remember is every machine is different therefore when they have a problem they need to be as descriptive as possible.

Thanks for you input Martin.

geposted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 6:08 pm
I've been using vdj for years now, Im on my 4th machine as i'm still not happy with the things that are always playing up. I'm not computer literate and have had all my machines looked at, stripped out and everything possible disabled when using etc etc, but i still get problems randomly. At the moment on it's own, vdj is working fine for me. But i've changed nothing on my system from when i have major problems and crashes!
Dont get me wrong, i like vdj. But when i have problems, not being computer literate, i need to talk to some one, not wait 3 days for a reply for an email telling me to check the obvious etc. Now i hear there is phone help, maybe this will be a step forward, so real time help can solve real time problems.

geposted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 1:48 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
djtouchdan wrote :
Martin,

You make some very good points and point out something that EVERY new user should do:

Quote :
I'm still stress testing it before using it in a live gig

A top tip for anyone there - TEST TEST AND TEST before going live and iron out all those problems you may experience. What people need to remember is every machine is different therefore when they have a problem they need to be as descriptive as possible.

Thanks for you input Martin.

You're welcome djtouchdan.

AntzDj,
I can see why "not being computer literate" has it's drawbacks in this game. Having worked in IT all my life, I probably have an advantage. It's sometimes handy to be able to probe the systems a bit, look behind the scenes, so to speak, and do some general maintenance like checking disks, upgrading the bios, changing firmware, drivers, etc.

If a system suddenly starts crashing, something has changed. While you may not have specifically changed anything yourself, system processes and resources are changing in the background all the time. Jeez, even some applications can mess with your mp3's (like iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc.).

Regarding the folks that looked at your system, they may not have "tweaked" your system properly for VDJ. Do they know the application? I worked with a lot of very good system technicians and engineers over the years and they were excellent at building/repairing PC's. But I wouldn't let them near one of my systems with a 10-foot pole. (No disrespect to any system engineers or technicians, by the way). It just seemed that they didn't fully understand the concept of "application requirements".

I think you'll benefit from phone support. Let us know how things go for you...

-Martin.

PS. A suggestion for VDJ regarding gathering support info: for non-technical users, a "Send System Snapshot" option might be useful to gather all the required info in one go, crash-dump reports (if they exist), system specs, resources, etc. The info is obviously there in various places and files, but such an option might be useful for some users. (Might even make life easier for the team troubleshooting VDJ issues!). Just a thought...

geposted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 4:29 am
@Antzdj

As a fellow UK based DJ - feel free to contact me via PM if you need some support. I don't claim to be an expert but have a good knowledge of VDJ and buidling, fixing PC's and Mac's.

I would be happy to supply you with my personal contact emails, MSN and telephone number if i could help. The current phone support is US based, so things like time zones etc may make it difficult for some to contact them.

If you'd prefer the VDJ support number is on this page: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

geposted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 4:48 am
Guys, thank you so much, i will prob take you up on your offers, it's nice to know your willing to help. Im a car mechanic, the only knowledge i have of computers is i use them to play music, lol. The people who have looked at mine have skimmed out as many background processes as pos etc, with out effecting things too much. And i know how to disable things like toolbars, google descktop etc etc.

geposted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 11:47 am
I was in a similar situation before whereby i have been using VDJ for about 6 months and then it started freezing on me. A fellow VDJ user indicated that it might be a memory issue! Initially I only have 1 gig of memory so I upgraded my Acer PC to 2 gigs. As well downloaded Registry Booster software and regularly checks the computers registry. I've been running VDJ trouble free ever since.

geposted Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 10:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)