Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dell XPS systems are great!!! - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Dell XPS systems are great for running VDJ. I picked up an Inspiron about a month ago ran into huge latency issues and sent it back. Got the full refund and then purchased an XPS M1330 system with core 2 duo 2.2 gig processor, 3 gig of ram and 250 gig hardrive. I am running Vista 32 bit and ran latency checker along with shifting the graphics back to classic and the system runs great. No problems at all. I hope this helps someone else that is looking for a good laptop to run. God Bless.

geposted Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 7:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately I have seen alot of the oposite with some XPS systems.

It seems units purchased in the US come with a nice clean OS while in Europe they are loaded with tones of trial ware from the factory.

If you buy one in EU probably best to build your self a fresh windows build.

geposted Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 7:02 am
Thanks for the info. I am located here in Washington State in the US. This is really great info for all of the other users. So for the only issue I have run into is that when I load a track sometimes it won't show the whole track and the time may be off a little. I am in the process of trouble shooting this. Thanks again and God Bless.

geposted Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 11:37 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
XPS1330 Nvidia 8400, Core2, 500gb HDD, 4GB ram, Vista x64 over here buddy. Work DAMN good.

geposted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 9:06 pm
thanks for the post, tsoccer. i am on the verge of splurging for the XPS 1730. Having masive issues with my old Inspiron 5150. This is welcome news.

geposted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 9:58 am
Has anyone with a "XPS" running Vista tried to add a LIVE VIDEO CAMERA FED..

I have a XPS 1530 and a SONY Video Camera using the DV port to Firewire on the laptop and I'm getting

Lines (vertical lines) throught the image..

What's up..

I also tried purchasing a "Dazzle" video capture program, but then VIRTUAL doesn't see it..

PLEASE HELP, I WOULD LOVE TO DO A LIVE VIDEO FEED..

geposted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 2:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've done it with a USB camera on my XPS M1730 without issues.

geposted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 4:27 am
SBDJ What is your OS (XP or Vista)?

geposted Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 10:46 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
sorry to hear everyones issues with the Inspiron. I guess I am one of the few that isn't having any real issues. vdj 5.2.1 is solid on my Inspiron e1705 (i think that's it. I am not in front of it at the moment.)

geposted Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 11:43 pm
jaymakoto wrote :
SBDJ What is your OS (XP or Vista)?

XP

geposted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 3:18 am
I have VISTA..

I think that this part of the problem..

thx

geposted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 2:38 pm
SBDJ and tsoccer93 are you guys running timecodes as well? If so.. CDJs or Vinyl?

geposted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 2:52 pm
I have a timecode setup for both; why do you ask?

geposted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 5:02 pm
i have inspiron i15-157B with intel core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 320gb hard drive..with vista and 64 bit seems ok so far with my hercules rmx and VDJ....hopefully it wil keep it like this..

geposted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 2:37 am
strange....i have the almost exact same pc as the initial poster and ive never been able to get it working ...it works..then for no reason...it stops working...it's been a serious dissapointment..i gave up a while back, even tried to instal xp on it to see, it worked for a bit....but my issues are so irragular.... i need to spend more time but frankly ive wasted hours and hours trying to get it stable and it just always dissapoints and in the strangest ways.... hard to explain whats wrong when the problems go from one to another in no specific ways.

maby i'll reinstal vista and give it a shot again.... i would love this to work, i know it's not vv's fault ...it's a dell driver issue or i just chose the worst pc to buy with vv ???????...

can anyone tell me where is the best place to get the latest driver for the nvidia 8400m gs ...is it thru the dell site or nvidia, when i go to nvidia and download the latest driver....my pc never recognise's it...but it does from the one on the dell.... also since i'm here.

lets say i want to flash and start fresh...

what is the best method of installing...right now i have a dual partition..both with xp pro sp3, one with full internet access, the other nothing, thats the one i wanted to work with vv...should i just keep xp pro...i find it makes the pc run much cooler and way faster then vista....but it still doesn't work...one of the issue's is when i play a video....the video runs thru so fast and when i touch the vinyl it goes backwards super fast, the other one is ... that the video works...then the audio keeps running but the video freezes.... another one is that it says...error in the asio driver, i had called numark, though they could help.... they told me to instl the asio for all, but i though the numark sound"interface" ...doesn't take asio driver's.... i did nothing....

sorry for hogging your post, just thought i would throw it out there.see what happens.

geposted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 1:27 pm
If the nVidia reference drivers don't work, its usually a simple inf file issue.

Patched versions are available from www.laptopvideo2go.com

geposted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 5:56 pm
thanks...
dont know if it's me but i cant seem to find the driver for the 8600m gs....there's someone on there saying i can mod the driver but i'm not sure how to do that.... and if it would fix it...

geposted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 7:42 am
thanks alot man...i'm giving this a go first thing tonite...

i'm happy to hear alot of people have it stable now with that pc...it's a great pc but now i'm sure i'm doing something wrong.

geposted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 10:05 am
i tried downloading this one 185.68 XP 32bit -released on 2009-04-06.... i have the nvidia 8400m gs .... it doesn't recognize my video card, i dont know how to modify the inf file..... in the specs of what the driver cover's...it doesn't have my card but inn the forum someone said that it should recognize the 9400 gt card.... i'm lost...but i'm thinking thats whats going to make this work.

can anybody help

geposted Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 9:06 am
to jimmy b...
i was going to try the driver but it says it's for vista only.... would it work with xp?...cant find the info on the site.

geposted Sat 18 Apr 09 @ 9:13 am
87%