Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The * and the ! What is this?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I would like to know why there is a * next to the BPM of a song, and an ! next to the song length in Numark Cue. I looked through the help and didn't find anything. Thank you for any information on this topic. I'm a new member and love the program and this forum.

geposted Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 3:16 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
(*) = identifies tracks that have a pronounced beats per minute (BPM) rhythm for use with beatlock and tempo automix actions

(!) = indicates that the file is corrupted (probably following a bad copy) and that it may finish abruptly or there maybe excessive noise in the track.

geposted Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 12:27 am
(!) is weird. I've had that happen before, randomly. It will choose a deck (left or right) and make every track I load into that deck get a (!). Once I close VDJ and reopen it, if I load the track again, it will lose the (!). Another bug in VDJ. Sigh.

geposted Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 4:36 am
Why don't they put that in the manual? I think that would be something very important. The files that I play don't seem to have excess noise. How can you tell if a file is corrupted? The song and the length seem to be fine.

geposted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 4:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is in the manual for VirtualDJ ... Numark has chosen to never update their manual from the version 5.0 release.

geposted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 7:36 pm
How can I get the updated manual? Does this site have a PDF I can download? Thanks to everyone for helping me on this topic.

geposted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 3:40 pm
Not sure if there is a download link from this website but i have uploaded a copy of the manual here:

*** Removed ***

They should get it from the Wiki. Sorry. - cstoll

geposted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 5:41 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 8:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)