Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best 19 rack mount mixer of all time ? - Page: 3

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
My lastest collection Behringer VMX1000usb that i corrected the only fault I found (swap the XPQ and Subwoofer output controls) now I can control my bass. I guess my degree in electronic design is paying off.

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 6:37 am
Not wanting to go OT, but in talking about old gear, does anyone remember this amp?

It's a Tannoy SR-840 which a friend gave to me. We used to work in a nightclub in the late 80s and he bought the gear when it closed down and it sat in storage for years.

This thing is an absolute beast, 250W per channel at 8ohms and it weighs around 25Kgs.

My old Technics home amp is dying, so I want to use this instead but need to find somewhere to position it because it's so large and heavy. Sounds amazing though .... almost studio quality.

According to the attached literature, it cost a whopping £1083 and that was in 1986!

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 7:05 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I would bet, Kieth, that thing could double as a space heater in cooler months....

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 7:10 am
It's cool every month here in Scotland :)

Yeah, I do remember using it in the club with a couple of Cerwin Vega cabinets and it used to get so hot you couldn't touch the sides.

It also runs at around 1.5Kw, so the wife is gonna get a nasty surprise on the electricity bill (Shhhhhh)

Keith

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 7:17 am
I had the pleasure of using a Supernova when I was a club DJ in the 80s. If only I'd been able to afford one...

[gets all dreamy]

Anything by Allen & Heath for me now.

PS I've just found an ad in Disco & Club magazine (1984) from Disco Supplies in Essex. A fully flightcased Supernova and twin SL1200s.

A mere £2,395.

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 7:59 am
Back when I started mixing in the early 80's (ya I'm that old) the Urei was the mixer in all the hi end clubs here in town. It's what I learned to mix on. Very clean sound, You had to make sure your mix was on because it took both hands to work the volume controls, no sliders!!! They are selling for a lot of money today ....if you could even find one

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 8:32 am

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 11:33 am
Audio000.....

That's Amazing....

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 1:53 pm
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Anybody remember this, my first power amp 1976, we had 8 dual 18 inch goodman subwoofer connected to the puppy. They dont make them like this any more.
Its a Sansui BA5000.

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 2:07 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The CLASSIC

This was when Gemini was the HOT S--T for real!!!

geposted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 9:13 pm
djcity

NICE BRO.......

geposted Wed 17 Apr 13 @ 11:10 am
I started in the early 80's and used a Bozak rotary because that's what was there in the club I began in though I learned on an old Realistic and Numark (that I later bought from the guy who taught me). I have pics somewhere of my first set up from 1983. My Technics tables were belt driven, talk about old school!!

geposted Wed 17 Apr 13 @ 9:47 pm
@ Rude. My first set of techs were belt driven also. I had the SLbd Tables. I had to place a quarter on top of the needle so it doesn't skip. LOL

geposted Wed 17 Apr 13 @ 10:50 pm
rodbodHome userMember since 2016
Started with the Radio Shack in 86ish.
Fav 19" Rackmount: Numark PPD MMX-1000 rotary. The phono preamp is bass heavy and sounds so deep and analog. I own one but it needs some fixing.
Rane-MP24 was very popular in Seattle clubs. Very clean sound. Reliable. Rane mixers were made in Seattle (rain=Seattle).

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 12:29 am
beauty from ROger DEClerq in Antwerp. My first real mixer, and my first spinning with cross-fader. It took me a lot of time and a lot of weekend-/vacationjobs as a student to buy this one...

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 8:28 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
One of my first "Pro" mixer

geposted Fri 19 Feb 16 @ 6:36 pm
LEM DM 82

Pro Acoustics HQ 7U

Eso Pro

Dual CS491

geposted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 3:14 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)