Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Loop Samples Not Staying On Beat

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Versions 3.4 and before: When music is NOT playing, each individual loop playing out of the 12 banks would stay "on beat " with each other. Moreover, when one loop was already playing, the other loop started would match and stay on beat with the loop. Versions after 3.4: Loops do not beat match each other; they seem to have a mind of their own.

Please help me. I would like to make custom mixes again. Thank you for your time.

geposted Thu 21 May 09 @ 12:55 am
loop sampler will sync on a deck.
If you want to play just loops, synced with one another, then load any song on one deck and put it on play but mute the volume.
The loop sampler will now all sync on that song, so they'll be synced with one another.

geposted Thu 21 May 09 @ 7:21 am
I appreciate your response. However, the suggestion you have recommended is a band-aid approach to the matter. I am not too thrilled about keeping a deck active (muted) to make my loops; especially while mixing live at an event. You are making my job (the user) harder not easier.

It is to my understanding that the newer versions are supposed to improve and/or fix errors of past versions. Not take two steps backwards. Like I said previously, this problem did not exist until after version 3.4. I would be grateful for a reasonable solution to fix this programming matter.

geposted Fri 22 May 09 @ 1:10 pm
I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but It's not cool to pay for something and new version after new version comes out and the original feature was never fixed. Why do I have to mute anything, just FIX the SOFTWARE!!! I am at 6.x and I still can't play samples by themselves and they sync to each other. If this is going to be the case, allow version 3.x work with the RMX. THIS IS CRAZY. I have never seen a bunch of people ask about the same thing from a company and it's not responded to. If I am worng I apologize, but the threads I have seen do not address how to fix this problem. If anyone has a solutioin, let me know. I have posted about this a few times before and it wasn't addressed. I would llike to know if this will be fixed.

Thank you,

Big Fish

geposted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 2:41 pm
If you want to sync the samples, but not have any music playing, why not load the samples into the main decks? they can then be played sync'd and you can play more samples in the normal sample boxes?

geposted Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 3:59 am
That would be defeating the purpose as version 3.41 allowed you to do this without loading anything into the mains. Why would the software upgrade and take out features. It's not like it's a useless feature. This is very discouraging. I can't believe I actuallly went up to Pro version and I have been inquiring about this for months. At this point, I want an official answer. Will this be ADDRESSED????? I needed this feature to do remixes, live and studio. I upgrade and now it's gone and NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION WITH A REAL ANSWER!

Is any moderator or staff going to jump in here. I work for a very well known music company and I presently beta test for several companies. I have never seen a company just simply ignore a request of a feature that was taken out after the software was updated. Is there a revision that could be made that includes what was taken out previously. I am sorry, but the software is only 50% usable for me without that feature.

If you have to send me a private message, then by all means do so, if this has to be kept private. But I can't use the software the way it is and would want someone at VD to actually respond and let me know something. I would really like to continue using this software, but certain things can't be swept under the rug.

PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!

Thank you.

Fish

geposted Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 4:38 pm
Is there anyone that will address the fix for this problem? Or is it, we got your money, tough luck????

I am still waiting.

Fish

geposted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 12:15 pm
Singer4U, I can empathize with your frustrations. My events have suffered creativity because of this flaw. You purchased a professional product and expect improvements, not relapses with the program.

Discjockeydoc, Customer Support did not provide me with any additional help. I submitted a claim ticket on May 14th 2009 regarding the problem. I finally received a response on June 1st 2009. Customer Support did not offer any insight to the problem. They did not even acknowledge the complaint nor did the technician made any references to the fact that this problem was an on going issue. The technician simply advised me to download the latest version of Virtual DJ and wished me best regards.

On May 21st 2009, I was concerned I did not hear a response from Customer Support. As a result, I decided to post my concern on the forums; hoping to get answers and hear if other users have experienced this same problem. To my surprise, numerous users are still struggling with this problem. Virtual DJ has been upgraded several times and no attempts (to my knowledge) have been made to resolve the problem. In my opinion, I purchased a professional product; therefore, I should receive some level of customer service and quality with the product I purchased. I feel Virtual DJ has let me down regarding this ongoing problem.

geposted Fri 14 Aug 09 @ 6:52 pm
Actually that would be incorrect. This the only issue I have gotten fairly upset about. It wasn't aimed or directed toward the users here, just the software company that I know reads these forums. So if it was taken that way, it wasn't intentional, however, this is a serioius issue. For a company to totally ignore the requests of the users that purchase the full version of their product, shows lack of interest of the company to help fix a problem that wasn't present in previous versions of the O.S.. if that's the case, how will O.S. revisions be made in the future? That's where my question was directed.

So my frustration is definitely not aimed towards, any of the users here, just the software company and it is valid. I have been going around for years promoting Virtual DJ of my own valition to many of the Hip Hop, Drum n Bass, Dance hall, Club and mobile DJ's and have gotten many of them to go with Virtual DJ. Now we all have the sync problem with the samples and I look like the bad guy because I encouraged them to use it.

I am not being unreasonable at all, but for an intelligent request to have def ears fall upon it continually, is not what makes consumers feel secure in what they purchased. I am very disappointed by the whole ordeal. I will probably receive many responses saying, well you can still do this, or that, but it's not the same. I would really just like what I paid for. I don't think it would be that hard to code it in a revisiion of the software. I just want to know will I see this come to past in a revisiioni or not? I still love the software, but I would have to incorporate something else that can do this. I just feel like I was conned into buying the full version just for key features to be removed.

So I am not aggressive, not mad, just frustrated with just cause. I hope you all understand and feel my pain. I apologize if I came off at all aggressive, or like a jerk. I just need to know if this is ever going to be addressed. I will not bring this issue up anymore. I was just responding.

I appreciate every user on here and without you guys I wouldn't have been able to get through so many obstacles so quickly. For that I would probably stay with VD. Unknowingly you guys have formed one of the most informative, family oriented forums of any product out there. This makes up for a lot of the difficulties and short comings.

thanks and be blessed,

Fish

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 3:04 pm

Singer4U, people unfortunately can perceive things in many ways when you type information online. I would not worry too much about your previous posts. I again can empathize with your frustrations. I did do a follow up with my ticket regarding my original complaint. I will keep you posted on the result. Hopefully, a resolution will come soon.

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 8:55 am
Please don't quote a post if you are responding to the one before your post ... it clutters the thread and just makes it unbearable to read ...

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 10:53 am
I have just tried the sample loop player for the first time, and the loop does not sync to the track in the player at all.

It's a perfect 4 beat loop, originally a WAV but I have also saved it to VDJ format and it still won't sync to the track.

PLEASE FIX THE SOFTWARE!

geposted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 2:50 pm
VDJ crew, is this fixed yet?

geposted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 9:00 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)