Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Numark NS7 (genelar topic) - Page: 8

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
@ DJ Quartz and all:

Keep in mind that the protocol was developed by Serato and Numark. This is why the VCI 300 can be mapped but the NS7 which has moving platters proves to be complex and challenging issue for you.
Aside from the fact that MIDI (enhanced or not, enhanced meaning the data rate manipulation scheme)
This is not achieved simply by a def file and this is why the software you use must be patched to work with it. Keep in mind the center turns with the actual platter but diffrientiates from the platter when scratching (deduction and incremintation within the existing algorithim)

This is the most I can explain from our discussions.

geposted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 11:06 pm
@djesco1

djesco1 wrote :

I asked how he did it and he explained it (but I addmittenly say it is over my head) I did understand the dongle/software part but I am still trying to figure it out.

When you figure it out can you please post your results & instructions here. It looks like you had the platters working fine in your youtube video clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlWzMKk57w

ps: Sorry about your loss (virgin NS7).

Thanks,
Larry D

geposted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 6:35 pm
Larry D I am more pissed at the fact so many including my self have not figured out this one.
Yet i place a bet to some super egotistic kid and I get a run for my money with out explaination.

from what I gather the platters will spin by MIDI input but the SPINDLE segment is seperate however will rotate in the same direction and equally same speed as the platter the diffrence in movement direction and speed is what is registered using a ITCH protocol. (suposed to be a simple algorithim)
What make no sence to me is that the spindle is the equivalent of the VCI-300's non moving platters.

VCI-300 set value 0 (no movement) ?
NS7 set value X? (x being the constant rotation speed when the motor is on)

Please keep in mind 0 and X are not the actual values this is just a reprentation. and is only an asumption on my behalf.

publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b" found throughout (more confused

geposted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 12:06 am
martymcPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Guys,

Is it me or i don't see any links to download the mapping for my Numark Ns7 to user Virtual DJ 6 without any differences...

thanks in advance

Marty

geposted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 4:41 pm
dj mola wrote :
So what about the NS7 ! We are waiting for more informations about the maping of this controler ! it is not on the 40 premapped controler list
Now , has the NS7 been tested on vdj6 or not ? please give us information !
I already have the ns7 and on vdj I can map buttons and leds and what about the platters please . when i turn the plater it crash and close vdj6
thanks for the answer .

Yeah, I am also looking for VDJ to map to NS7. All other controllers are just like toys specially numark total control. I love the features but its is crappy to use. I am hopping VDJ engineers and do a flawless mapping for NS7. I am sure there are many pro djs waiting for this. I love VDJ specially with the effects and samplers built within the software and I am hopping VDJ can consider this seriously.

geposted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 10:47 pm
In this mapping the platters turn but no they have some function, and the led of the channels make a movement forced in comparison to as they work with itch.

geposted Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 7:35 am
Third Party hosting site LINKs are not permitted ... if you can not upload items to share to the VirtualDJ community via our own Download section then don't post links to other sites.

Use our own Download section if you care to share your efforts ....

geposted Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 8:39 am
Moderation staff wrote :
Third Party hosting site LINKs are not permitted ... if you can not upload items to share to the VirtualDJ community via our own Download section then don't post links to other sites.

Use our own Download section if you care to share your efforts ....

I tryed few times but moderators always delete it.
So where should i upload this file??? :-(

geposted Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 11:16 am
dj molaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
maybe this map of the ns7 is not permitted or not welcome on vdj dowloads !!! thats whyt your file is always deleted !
Vdj team don't give us the good reasons on why the ns7 is the controler that they don't want to give us informations on mappin !
and now with the efforts of all vdj and ns7 users we have a map taht we can't upload on vdj website ...

geposted Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 5:10 pm
I have just upload the map of the ns7 on vdj tools with using your link !

thanks

geposted Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 6:20 pm
I you guys need I will host a file server fo you if Atomix is not allowing files. Or Host server for this. I am having issues with a direct X driver on my laptop. I have a Ghost image before the problems I am going to use.

I had issues with 5.X caused by other software and it seems when I upgraded to 6 trial the issue remained. I know for a fact it is not a version 6 issue however it is a XP system file which all versions seem to depedant on.

geposted Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 12:57 am
Fixed few more things:

Reverse is working with platers
Bleep is working with platers
Fixed bug with led´s around loop control

NS7 Ver. 1.1

geposted Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 2:38 pm
"Sending 14bit from one pot is only possible if you're hacking the code. Because Pots are being read as 10-bit value, you have to interpolate to 14 bit and implement a NRPN or dual-CC method."

geposted Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 9:26 pm
@Tjeck1972

have you upload your file on the vdj downloads tools area ?
I have did it with the latest file .

thanks

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 5:49 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 6:40 am
@ dj mola

Yapp is there under your last upload.
I giving up for a while. No more ideas.
Someone much more clever must take over now. Sorry.
Thanks for support, ideas and big help(sirwesley, jakovski, dj mola and others....)

Regards Tjeck

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 7:17 am
ok thanks Tjeck1972,

I test it and before with the latestns7 file we have the platter right goes right at some times , ex : when you scratch a song it works correctly and now with the file update 1.1 it doesn't work anymore, the platters turn when you press play only but when you scratch it does nothing .
have you see that by your side ?

I don't have time and no more ideas too to progress on the map . and dj esco explain some complexe midi translatin code that i have not enough knowledge to find some solutions .

Thanks for y'all .

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 1:03 pm
@Dj mola
Its jus disabeled in mapper.

geposted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 1:12 am
I just add new element in the map :

load file on deck 1 & 2
control of the song on platter to make it slower or faster , and in pause mode you can know positionning your song for cue point !
fader reverse fixed

and i'm working on fader start it works but not correctly :

<map value="FADER_START_A" action="fader_start" />
<map value="FADER_START_B" action="fader_start" />

if someone has ideas ...

The update map is avalaible on vdj dowloads tools : Ns7 def and map v1.2
thanks

geposted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 10:13 am
@DJ Mola
Its not avilable jet. can you send it to my e-mail?

Thanks Tjeck

geposted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 11:12 am
40%