Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Running 2 version on the same machine.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mp3jackPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is it possible to run 2 versions of VDJ on the same machine? I am iterested in 6.0 but do not want to screw up my original "older" 4.3 version which I am happy as a clam with. Will 6.0 install seperate from 4.3 or will it screw things up?

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 5:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just rename the existing virtualdj.exe file to something like virtualdj4.3.exe ... then install VirtualDJ v6

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 7:34 pm
Not cute. I followed your instructions to the letter and everythign is screwed up. 4.3 now gives me database errors and none of my carefully crafted playlists show up in the side colunm! Double checked and they are still in the original directory, 4.3 just wont load them and I have an event tomorrow.

I find 6.0 currently confusing, but I guess I will have to learn it. All the familiarity of 4.3 is gone and I can't find the playlists that I depend so much on.

Definately does not help with tomorrow.

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 11:28 pm
Got my playlists moved over to the right directory and 6.0 at least sees them.

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 11:33 pm
Doesn't exactly help you now, but what you should have done (for anyone else in the future) is to install VDJ 6 in a different folder and directory. That way, it would be a separate install. you're given this option when installing it where it says, "Blah blah will be installed in Program Files\Virtual DJ" or something like that. Instead, redirect it to install VDJ 6 in Program Files\Atomix\Virtual DJ 6

I have both Virtual Vinyl 5.2.1 (previously 4.xx upgraded to 5.0.1 then to 5.2.1 Pro) and Virtual DJ 6.0 on the same laptop. I can open both simultaneously (and if I'm dumb enough, play from both simultaneously).

Good thing I hung on to VV 5.2.1 because my Stanton SCS.3d works with it, but I can't figure out how to get it to work with the same functionality of the scs.3d presets on VDJ 6 yet.

Max

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:06 pm
Thanks Max,
When I installed 6.0 I did use a seperate directory for it and left 4.3 in it's own. 4.3 now gives me an currupt database error and none of the things that used to show up on the left menu come up, AKA playlists, history, etc. So I think 4.3 is toast.

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:55 pm
That sucks to hear. I guess VDJ 6 probably appropriated/relabeled some of the libraries. Oddly enough, it didn't happen when I had VV and VDJ 5.0.1 on the same laptop. I guess they use differently labeled folders and libraries.

Max

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:34 am
Got two Vdj 6 on my two internal harddrives and both play independent of each other if that helps.

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:43 am
I guess it would screw the registry as well, hence the reason I'm sticking with 5.2 until the bugs are ironed out & my controller map is rewritten!

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 8:26 am
Hi all,

If i'm not mistaken VDJ also creates a VirtualDJ folder under My Documents. This is were it keeps the history, skins and so on. It's also were the database is kept. When istalling v.6 it probably overwrote it.

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
v6 uses a seperate database from previous versions, and left my v5 databases intact.

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:54 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)