Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ6 - VMWare Fusion....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, so i wasnt sure where to post this because technically it's Windows but on a Mac?!? lol

Anyway, I have Windows XP running in VMWare Fusion which i DO NOT use for gigging but for skin development and couple of other Windows based programs. Anyway my problem is that i downloaded V6 within XP and installed it. At first iwas getting a "Protection 16" error. I followed the "registry clean" instructions from Chris and reinstalled it.

Now i have a new problem:

This as far as the load gets - "External Devices". No error message and it freezes up. I can't even END PROCESS from within the task manager. The only thing i can do is reboot the virtual machine.

Any ideas anyone?? Is it because of the virtual machine - i never had a single issue with 5.2.1??

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 6:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It maybe because of the 'emulation' to the keyboard -- open the registery and change the NoShortcuts key to a value of 1 (Decimal)

Then try opening VDJ.

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:44 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
not really sure why you aren't using bootcamp?!

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 9:55 pm
i also dont use bootcamp
the difference is with bootcamp you have to reboot...with vm you can run windows and osx at the same time

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:22 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am having the same problem with VMware. No problem every with 5.2, but hangs and will have to reboot VMware Fusion. I did try the suggestions by cstoll and still run into the same issue. I can open a second instance of VDJ while this is happening and disabling the keyboard does not resolve the problem. Then if I close out the second instance the database changes are not saved. I will still have to restart the VMware because the first instance is still hung up. All my other programs still seem to work fine, even during this.

Forgot to add, I am using the bootcamp partition with the VMware. If I boot directly to the windows partition it works fine.

Ideas?

Chris

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:57 pm
I hadnt tried launching a second instance of VDJ. Just did and it worked. I have to be honest and say that for my use it doesnt matter that i have two running because it is purely for testing and development.

It is strange how the second one load correctly though. The first instance must be causing a conflict with something in VM Ware, but the 2nd version seems to skip it. ODD!!

DJ Cyder wrote :
not really sure why you aren't using bootcamp?!

I don't use it to DJ, it's just ease of access from the Mac and only use it to test my skins. =)

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 7:26 am
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Fixed the issue with VMware. Here is the answer:

1: Boot to the windows partition, do not use VMware.
2: Open virtual, then under config go to mapper and then uncheck everything under the mapper options (Keyboard shortcuts, etc.)
3: Reboot to your Mac OS, start VMware and then virtual dj

Should work just fine. You can then go in and recheck the keyboard shortcuts and other items under the mapper option and it works.

I hope this works for everyone.

Chris

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 3:54 pm
Hey chris (chansin),

glad you managed to find a solution. Unfortunately i can't do this. VDJ works fine and dandy on my bootcamp partition but i have two virtual machine within VMWare. One is bootcamp (no problems) the other is WinXP which i use purely for skin design and development.

Still working a work around for me.

Thanks for the info - will let you know how i get on

Dan

geposted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 5:28 pm
Out of idle curiousity i thought i would try Parallels.

Yes, yes, yes. No configaration changes, transfered my previous virtual machine and VDJ 6 now runs ok!! =)

Bye bye VMWare......

geposted Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 6:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)