Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ6 & xp10 mapping

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi
I'm just in the process of mapping my xp10s in vdj6 new mapping script.
I've pretty much cracked it, what I would like to know is....

I've already set one shift variable for each button but is it possible to set a second shift or even a third like in the old mapper?
If so, what would the script look like?

Thanks
PJay

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 9:52 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PJay wrote :
Hi
I'm just in the process of mapping my xp10s in vdj6 new mapping script.
I've pretty much cracked it, what I would like to know is....

I've already set one shift variable for each button but is it possible to set a second shift or even a third like in the old mapper?
If so, what would the script look like?

Thanks
PJay

Why are you mapping it ... or are you 'remapping' the default mapper that is natively there ?

What are you looking to accomplish with these shifts? Give me an example and maybe through that I can help.

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 10:10 am
Hi

thanks for the quick response.

i was just remapping the default mapper so i could have it set up same as vdj5, the default button settings are nothing like the buttons on the xp10s (vdj version).
anyway i got most of it working but on the old version i had for example

Cue 1 = Hot_cue 1
Shift 1 + Cue 1 = Delete cue 1
Shift 2 + Cue 1 = Rename cue 1

but in vdj 6, ive only set 1 shift variable eg

var 'shift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

is there anyway to add another shift option so i can add a third function to the button?

Thanks
PJay

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 10:32 am
Ok, first do you have a button assigned to do the 'shift' ? And if so what statement did you use?

And yes you could add another shift to another button but then that would mean you would have to press 3 buttons to make 1 action ..

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 10:38 am
ok, ive got this so far

set 'shift' 1 temporary
var 'shift' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

so cue on its own is hot_cue 1
and when i press shift and cue , it deletes it, which all works fine

what im wanting is to set another button eg 'shift 2' so that when i press shift 2 and cue, it does another function like in vdj 5
is it possible?

PJay

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 11:07 am
Ok so no problem .. I know you may understand what the -> [condition] ? [true] : [false] is doing so it quiet simple ...

First ... would recommend changing what you have ( while_pressed , is preferred instead of temporary) -

Shift 1 button -> set "shift1" 1 while_pressed

Then set a second button to -> set "shift2" 1 while_pressed

Now the CUE button -> var_equal "shift1" 1 ? delete_cue 1 : var_equal "shift2" ? rename_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

So in words the CUE button does this when pushed...

If button Shift1 is pressed (variable Shift1 is 1 OR [true]) then delete cue point 1,
If button Shift1 is not pressed (variable Shift1 is not set to 1 OR [false]) then check,
If button Shift2 is pressed (variable Shift2 is 1 OR [true]) then rename_cue 1,
If button Shift2 is not pressed (variable Shift2 is not set to 1 OR [false]) then activate the HOT CUE 1 point.

Did I go over the top ?

Chris

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 11:55 am
Thankyou,
for some reason i actually understood that, ill update the mapper soon

thanks for the answer
PJay

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:14 pm
cstoll wrote :
Ok so no problem .. I know you may understand what the -> [condition] ? [true] : [false] is doing so it quiet simple ...

First ... would recommend changing what you have ( while_pressed , is preferred instead of temporary) -

Shift 1 button -> set "shift1" 1 while_pressed

Then set a second button to -> set "shift2" 1 while_pressed

Now the CUE button -> var_equal "shift1" 1 ? delete_cue 1 : var_equal "shift2" ? rename_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

So in words the CUE button does this when pushed...

If button Shift1 is pressed (variable Shift1 is 1 OR [true]) then delete cue point 1,
If button Shift1 is not pressed (variable Shift1 is not set to 1 OR [false]) then check,
If button Shift2 is pressed (variable Shift2 is 1 OR [true]) then rename_cue 1,
If button Shift2 is not pressed (variable Shift2 is not set to 1 OR [false]) then activate the HOT CUE 1 point.

Did I go over the top ?

Chris

right took a while to get the 3rd function working, finally figured out why it wasnt working....
i used your script "var_equal "shift1" 1 ? delete_cue 1 : var_equal "shift2" ? rename_cue 1 : hot_cue 1"

the cue rename didnt work untill i figured out that its supposed to be cue_name instead of rename_cue lol, also it took a "1" after the "shift2" peram

so now ive got....
var_equal "shift1" 1 ? delete_cue 1 : var_equal "shift2" 1 ? cue_name 1 : hot_cue 1

that works fine apart from the cue_name function opens between 3 and 8 popup windows for the cue name

any ideas?
PJay

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:56 pm
never mind, i just restarted the xp10 and vdj and its fine now

Thanks for your help
PJay

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:05 pm
Sorry about the 'script' flop ... been writing a few of these lately ... :)

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:48 pm
thats ok, keeps me on my toes and helps me understand it more than just plain copying it :)

geposted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:50 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)