Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 6.0.1 FREEZES during Poker Face! - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
SOB! Yep...she froze while playing Poker Face to a full floor! It happened when I clicked on the search to clear "halo" from the field. No Crashguard!

Good thing had backup cd ready to go but lost half the floor!

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 12:40 am
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thats not a bug, its a feature!

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 11:07 am
dude that is the worst, sorry to hear that. When that happens I yell at people to get drinks off the dancefloor lol

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 11:58 am
Here's a little more detail as to what happened (windows xp, config settings on best performance)...

I loaded up "Halo" into deck 2 by double clicking. I then went to click on the search field to clear it (like how I was doing with 5.2.1 to get around the backspace/clear search crash) and that's when it froze...all audio stopped and people went "awwwwwwwwww, what?!"

I reverted back to 5.2.1 but then my loops wouldn't work with the hd2500 controller but I'll sacrifice that than having to deal with unexpected search clear lockups.

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 12:20 pm
Oh no that means the search bug is back in 6.0. Damn. I guess I'll be still holding my breath next gig. I have had this happen a few times in 5.2 and hoped it was fixed in 6.

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 2:08 pm
Happens to me once in a while too in 5.2.1

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 2:53 pm
I have not had this same senario happen in 5.2.1...only when backspacing thru the search to clear it out vdj would sometimes close out by itself.

To clear search box with 5.2.1 I was told to first select song from browser and then click on search box to clear it...not to backspace. Even if I searched for a song but did not double-click to load onto a deck to still click one time in the browser and then back into the search box to clear it. When I did that I did not have a crash, so I simply did the same with the current release and bam..crashed.

I am going to try duplicating the error tonight. Its possible that the 6.0 pro skin was maximized when this happened. I am going to try it tonight with both songs and maximized and unmaximized to see if it happens. I will post my results.

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 6:00 pm
This is why i keep keyboard shortcuts disabled. YOu have a controller for these functions and a moust with a graphical software interface. Why chance the fat finger, you didnt click here first before you pressed the button crash the dance floor screw up?

Sometimes you think you click on the search window, but your mouse (especially if it is wireless) does not. I have a gig where the subwoofers are to the left and right of the booth. My mouse often vibrates across the table. I have to put it on my headphone bag when not using it to keep it from moving the pointer to an area you dont want it to. One night it vibrated over a control, and when i grabbed the mouse, i had pressed the left click without knowing it. It wasnt catatraphic luckily... but it could have been over the CUE or PAUSE control. So it could have been worse.

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 10:27 pm
question...is vdj 6.0.1 pro skin supposed to run full screen (cant move around on the screen) or not full screen?

Reason why asking is I thought it was recommended not to run the skins full screen. When I load VDJ it automatically launches in full screen. Could this explain the freeze?

If it is recommended NOT to run the software with full screen is there a way to change the loadup so I don't have to keep remembering to undo it?

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 11:05 pm
djchad72 wrote :
This is why i keep keyboard shortcuts disabled. YOu have a controller for these functions and a moust with a graphical software interface. Why chance the fat finger, you didnt click here first before you pressed the button crash the dance floor screw up?

Sometimes you think you click on the search window, but your mouse (especially if it is wireless) does not. I have a gig where the subwoofers are to the left and right of the booth. My mouse often vibrates across the table. I have to put it on my headphone bag when not using it to keep it from moving the pointer to an area you dont want it to. One night it vibrated over a control, and when i grabbed the mouse, i had pressed the left click without knowing it. It wasnt catatraphic luckily... but it could have been over the CUE or PAUSE control. So it could have been worse.

I don't use keyboard shortcuts. In 5.2.1 they are disabled. I don't see where to disable them in 6.0.1...I don't have any keyboard shortcuts mapped if that is even possible.

I don't even use a wireless mouse on my system and my wifi was certainly off.

This was a click on the search box freeze. I'm thinking that the skin was maximized which is what caused it because I THINK it is recommended that the skin not be maximized.

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 11:36 pm
Hmm that does seem a bit strange. running previous versions of virtual dj, i have only ever had it crash once during a gig (in over 4 years). After installing version 6.1 ready for the weekend and testing it most of last week, i didnt have any problems. Friday night went well (i was actually expecting some little bugs with it, so went with plenty of backup) then on sat night, i had the recover screen pop up right at the start of the night (while searching) and then later on i have a couple of sound glitches (also while searching) all the settings seem to be the same as before the upgrade. i was wondering if any1 else has had any probs?

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 1:21 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
JayMSY wrote :
[quote=djchad72]
I don't use keyboard shortcuts. In 5.2.1 they are disabled. I don't see where to disable them in 6.0.1...

Go to Config/Mappers and click the mapper options icon to the right of the controllers drop-down list. You'll see whether keyboard shortcuts are enabled or not ;-)

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 3:19 am
DJmga wrote :
JayMSY wrote :
[quote=djchad72]
I don't use keyboard shortcuts. In 5.2.1 they are disabled. I don't see where to disable them in 6.0.1...

Go to Config/Mappers and click the mapper options icon to the right of the controllers drop-down list. You'll see whether keyboard shortcuts are enabled or not ;-)

Ahhh. When I unchecked show only connected controllers (or whatever that option is) I did see one for "keyboard" but I don't recall seeing a check box for disable. Do I have to delete all the keys? I really don't want to do that unless I am forced to use it during a controller and timecode failure.

It also doesn't explain the software freeze. I really think the freeze ocurred due to the 6.0.1 default skin being maximized because I dj'd 4 and a half hrs last night with the skin unmaximized and did not have the freeze.

Again, if it is recommended that the skins not be maximized then why is it that when the program loads it loads maximized? It is this way on the laptop and on the clubs computer.

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 12:19 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Look at page 37 in the manual ...

As for skins .. you should use one designed for your resolution ... this has always been the recommendation. However, if you don't have one the new Maximize is better than forcing the screen resolution to change to your skin size ... now the skin resizes to the screen.

I don't think your freeze was do to this ... there could have been any number of reasons why the video froze. These are always difficult to troubleshoot.

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 12:33 pm
cstoll wrote :
Look at page 37 in the manual ...

As for skins .. you should use one designed for your resolution ... this has always been the recommendation. However, if you don't have one the new Maximize is better than forcing the screen resolution to change to your skin size ... now the skin resizes to the screen.

I don't think your freeze was do to this ... there could have been any number of reasons why the video froze. These are always difficult to troubleshoot.

CS,

It wasn't the video that froze as I was not playing a music video...the software froze and task manager said "Not Responding". Audio quit playing, controller didn't function, etc. I had to kill the process (virtualdj.exe) in task manager.

As I suspected..."Use Keyboard Shortcuts" is not checked so that can be eliminated. I probably didn't remember setting this. Life is a blur sometimes. :)

The resolution I have been using is 1024 x 768. My other options are 1280 x 720, 1280 x 800, and 1440 x 900. The monitor is a 17" widescreen display. Is one better than the other?

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 1:46 pm
I had the same search crash on Saturday Night too, Full Floor playing some tune ( cant remember what) clicked on the search bar and bang !! It all went very quiet except the shouts of " Shoot the DJ" followed by " your S**T" lucky as always had a CD in the deck so only a few seconds but still very annoying and not professional at all, Especially with the venues Area Manager stood behind me :-(

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE !! Its been an issue long enough !!

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:18 pm
Wow took me all of 20 Seconds to go and make it crash

Crash ID=0028df78 (date=906082248, version=6.0.1 Pro, build=601, thread=Main, dump=89a3a93e, excode=c0000005 (1,131e05))

So many new great features and still the same old problem... Please make it stable !!

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:51 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@thenasty ... you will never purchase ... you will always find one lame excuse over another to continue using a crack version ...

"return to your old ways" ... you might be using a legit demo now ... but in a couple weeks when it expires you will download the crack because you like it and want to use it ...

it's been your MO for four years and your lame excuse ....

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 10:07 pm
cstoll, don't spend to much time with my rant (it does not count cuase I'm a NLU). Instead, spen time on making the legit ones HAPPY so when they go to thier next gig, they won't be holding thier breath (it crashes when it feels like it). Just imagine if it crash during a special dance (my suggeestion to the legit users are. wait till the end of that special dance before touching anything). Or better yet, use another simple music program to play that special music.

**topic lock***
oh crap I can't.

But when the day comes that I am become legit user, it will be a big party, cause everyone here will be so happy and they can finally breath :)

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 7:29 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Why would you try to lock a topic that you didn't start?

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 8:35 am
71%