Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio Radius 1000

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm thinking of buying the AA Radius 1000 to be used with Virtual Dj 6.1. Would they work, or do I have to download a patch or mapp them?

I'm thinking of using two AA radius and the BCD2000 (once the glitches have been fixed), would it be possible?

geposted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 1:57 am
There is currently no built-in mapping for them, but providing they are MIDI or HID, it should be possible for either you or somebody else to create one, providing the manufacturer publishes or is willing to give details of the MIDI and/or HID protocol the device uses.

NOTE: These appear to be a copy of the Pioneer CDJ-400, which do have built-in support in VDJ6. You would be better of purchasing a couple of these instead.

geposted Sun 21 Jun 09 @ 2:27 pm
ive had 2 of these for 1.5 months and it seems very dificult to get any help on how to make the jog wheel and pitch control work. Called up adj MANY times and they state that a mapping system is being worked on but V6.1 doesnt allow you to download any files, all have to be done by vdj to send out a patch.. Called/emailed VDJ and they seem to think all can be done by the learn feature.... round and round we go... Y not both companies work together for a common goal?!?
Aside from the midi issues, the cd part works great and its very user friendly, itll suck if i have to return them cause of this midi issue.

geposted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 5:56 pm
That was true for VirtualDJ v5.2 and earlier where proper (Native) support for new controllers could only be added by the dev team and requiring a version update to VirtualDJ itself. The only mapping that users could do was simple one way MIDI - No LED's, text displays, etc.

Now with VDJ v6 it is possible for users and/or manufacturers to add full support for almost any MIDI or HID controller by creating a definition and mapping file for it. This allows advanced features including LED's to function and once created, other users can modify the mapping themselves. With previous versions of VirtualDJ, the only way to modify native support was by programming a plugin in C++. Now even the built-in mappings can be changed by users to suit their own preferences.

For a MIDI device, even if the manufacturer will not provide you with the technical information you can always use a tracing tool such as MIDIOX to work this out for yourself (Providing you have a controller to hand of course - Creating a definition 'blind' is near impossible without accurate technical information from the manufacturer.)

The only case where dev team may need to get involved is if a controller does not follow standards - For example, text displays are non-standard for MIDI protocol, so one manufacturer (E.g: Denon) may implement these differently to another (E.g: Pioneer.) The Radius looks similar to a CDJ-400, so might function in a similar way.

A pitch slider definition for most standard MIDI controllers would typically use either of the following, depending on how the manufacturer has implemented it:

7-bit using a MIDI CC (Number will vary depending on the controller):

<slider cc="0x01" inverted="true" name="PITCH" />

14-bit using MIDI pitch bend message:

<slider pitch="1" inverted="true" name="PITCH" />

A jogwheel will typically use the following:

[code]<jog cc="0x01" zero="0x40" name="SHIFT_JOG" />

For information on creating controller definition files, please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html

For information on mapping using VDJscript, please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

NOTE: There are user created defintiions and mappings for various controllers in the download section of the website http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html that you can use to learn from - Over time, the number of these will increase as they are created by users and/or manufacturers.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 1:19 pm
Tks for the "help" however, seem slike you confused me and my tech guy even more.
On 1 instruction, it states we have to use the standard protocol, which it doesnt even acknowledge. on another, we try to build our own protocal but syntex keeps saying is in error. We refference manufactor setting page aqnd implemented all kinds of equations, yet jog wheel/slider did not work properly. Seems like getting these jogwheels and sliders to work are harder than what VDJ/ADJ wants to admit. Most of us DJ have basic knowledge and depend on the tech guys to help us out in setting up the equipment. I understand that there are numerous machines already premapped, however, not all will use the "standards" and will want other kind of product/machines.

If you can make it in as close to plain english as posiible as to how to set and save a protocol for the machine to accept it. I looked at the example set, however, kept giving us syntex error all over the place.

Sorry if i come accross as an ass, but im getting a lil fustrated here with BOTH products, VDJ/ADJ.
tks

geposted Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 8:47 am
BLV008PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I got a radius 1000 and for some reason I am not able to make it work with VDJ but with timecode cd's this thing is being with the dealer trying to figure out a solution but they just cannot find it and I got tired so my only option is to go timecode cd's with audio 4 dj but you cannot cue or set loops right???? so can you please explain me or help me to understand better how it works and why I am not able to plug my CDJ to the computer even though I have talk to VDJ and A.A. I already have 3 units (2 returns and one at home) but they all had the same problem how did the owners of the RADIUS 1000 got it to work ???? please. BTW here is a link that i found how he loops in the CDJ without touching the PC http://www.mixvibes.com/site/pageeng/page.php?x=mv7crosspack

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 9:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)