Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Good songs To Mix?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ive been messing about with VDj2 and i love it. Does anyone have any goods songs that are good to mix together? im a newbie at this but id love to learn more.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 6:35 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There are many streaming audio sites that feature DJ mixes. I would suggest www.digitallyimported.com They have good music and a good community that talks about the mixes in virtual real time in their forums.

Find a channel that you like, wait for a good mix, then go the forums and find out what songs it was. Easy as that!

Another idea is to simply grab 2 songs from the same artist or even album. There's a pretty good chance they'll share similiar song structures and sonic-scapes that will make mixing much easier.

Drop a line with what type of music you are looking for and I'll see if I have any specific recommendations.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 7:03 pm
Start mixing House, Dance and such music...

thats the easies music to mix, and great for newbies to learn from

geposted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 3:15 am
Thanks guys, I mainly mess about with Paul Van Dyk tunes and general dance and Trance music.

geposted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 2:47 am
.... good genre to start with :)

geposted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 4:02 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PVD is perfect. Much of his songs (that I have, anyway) are virtually interchangable. By that, I mean that you can play mids and highs from one song, bass from another or vice versa. Switch back and forth, play both concurrently, etc etc. Plus you get the big sweeping trance "quiet" parts for easy fade mixing if you want.

Record yourself. I'll bet $10 that you are already producing better mixes than you think!

geposted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 4:44 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My advise in a nutshell would be:

Mix songs that you know, with the songs you know you wont be surprised by any 'parts', you'll find that music like dance is easier because the pattern of the drums is most simple (a kickdrum on every beat), if you are useing radio versions or shorter tracks it is a good idea to use loops, 4,8,16 or 32 beat loops, this is good to help you capture simpler parts like just drums, simple parts are less 'dangerous' to mix between and help avoid harmonic clashes.

for more on harmonic clashes see: http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11095

hope this helps.

geposted Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 4:33 pm
droeliHome userMember since 2005
practice,practice and more practice

geposted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 2:41 pm
Im new to the dj world i love music ive learned pretty well how to transition radio versions songs but wanna learn how to start mixing songs together is it easier to mix a song with lyrics to beat or mix without lyrics

geposted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 11:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)