Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Hardrive Setup

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

New to VirtualDJ and have a simple question - I am running VDJ on a laptop with my music in drive "D"
I want to setup an external harddrive say "F" and paste some music in this drive. I then want to be able to
load music from this drive without affecting my music on the laptop in any way. Do I need to do a recurse
on the external hardrive or put any special files(Like xml) in the root directory ? Do I need to setup any kind of folders on the External hardrive ? When I seach for music on my laptop I want to pick which drive I search. Not sure I understand what recurse fuction does, but I don't want anyting changed on my laptop. Please help with some simple and fully explained steps would really be appreciated.

geposted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 6:18 am
Spencer. Any music which you recurse on a second drive will keep a separate record of it on that drive. One advantage of this is when plugging that drive into a second pc the info is readily available to be seen by a second copy of VDJ

geposted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 7:41 am
Do this recurse file reside in the root directory and is it used for searches ?
How would I recurse this file when connected to my laptop VDJ so it does not affect any files, music or searches on my laptop ?

geposted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 9:10 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just to be clear, VDJ creates a database file for each drive connected to it, automatically. You do not need to add/create any xml file (or any other type of file for that matter) manually on any drive.

Recurse is a command available to you by right-clicking on a drive in the left-hand browser window of VDJ. If you select Recurse, VDJ will scan the drive you selected and all folders and subfolders within it and add all the music it finds to the database on that drive. So, the next time you start VDJ and your drive F is not connected, what was added to the database on drive F will not be available to you in your searches.

If you want to control which folders/drives VDJ uses in its searches, check out pages 11 & 12 in the user guide. It will explain (more clearly than I can) how you can manage your searches across folders & drives.

The user guide is installed in the My Documents/VirtualDJ folder on you laptop, created at installation time.
It is also available online here: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PDFManuals.html

Hope this helps.
Martin.

geposted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 11:51 am
Great - This really clears things up for me

geposted Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 1:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)