Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Instant start???

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

empyreHome userMember since 2009
Looking for a mp3 controller to use wit Virtual dj that will have instant starting capabilities. I've dj'd on cd's for years and have a denon 9000, love how quickly it starts once play is hit, anyone ave a suggestion?

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 12:26 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I notice no delay with the RMX, or the Total Control, or the Stealth controllers. I would recommend any of those.

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 12:52 pm
if you like the dennon 9000 the use a sound card (4 in & 4 out ) and timecode cd with it and midi some key up on your keyborad for things you may like to have.

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 1:08 pm
I looked at these and like them, especially the stealth, but would like a set up more along the lines of the denon controller

geposted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 5:00 pm
I'd say pretty much any controller gives you instant starts - especially with low latency settings.

The start delay in a CD-player is caused by the motors' rotary mechanism that needs to build momentum. Since a software playing MP3's obviously doesn't have a motor, the theoretical delay is caused by the electric impulse travelling through a copper wire from your controller to the computer :)

geposted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 6:20 am
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
AuralCandy.Net wrote :

the theoretical delay is caused by the electric impulse travelling through a copper wire from your controller to the computer :)

...and given the current limitations imposed by the speed of light, kinda hard to improve on that just at the moment... lol

geposted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 7:49 am
Try the Denon DN-HC4500: http://www.denondj.com/DN-HC4500-P81.aspx

This is a rackmount MIDI controller from Denon that can directly control the software via MIDI (No timecode needed.) It has a built-in sound card and will provide you with a familiar Denon interface similar to what you are already using. The text display screens will also show information from the software such as the current song artist and title.

It can also be connected to an optional CD drawer unit to allow it to operate as both a standard dual CD player and a controller for VirtualDJ.

If you intend to mix videos, you can also use it in conjunction with either a Denon X500 or X900 mixer to directly control the video crossfader.

In VirtualDJ v6 you can alter the mappings of any of the buttons to suit your own preferences.

geposted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 12:41 pm
Pioneer CDJ-400s, nuff said

geposted Thu 16 Jul 09 @ 2:25 pm
I'd say pretty much any controller gives you instant starts - especially with low latency settings.

The start delay in a CD-player is caused by the motors' rotary mechanism that needs to build momentum. Since a software playing MP3's obviously doesn't have a motor, the theoretical delay is caused by the electric impulse travelling through a copper wire from your controller to the computer :)

That sounds great, the problem is that I used to have one of the first ones of these external mp3 controllers. I'm sure they've come along wa since then, but there was always problems when I would try to go back to the starting cue point, using a cue button too quickly. Like tapping cue then play and repeating 3x's in a row, trying to start a mix. I mix some spanish stuff so It's a bi diffrent when they are singing or talking all the way trough the song with no beat for you to loop and mix into. I've been good in doing this with the denons just trying to condense my cd collection...

geposted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 11:47 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would say the Denon DN-S1200s!

geposted Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 5:16 pm
empyre wrote :

but there was always problems when I would try to go back to the starting cue point, using a cue button too quickly. Like tapping cue then play and repeating 3x's in a row, trying to start a mix. ...

interesting. what kind of problems exactly were happening?

hippydog

geposted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 6:14 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
In the config menu/options do you have auto cue disabled?

geposted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 6:20 pm
DJmga wrote :
...and given the current limitations imposed by the speed of light, kinda hard to improve on that just at the moment... lol

Transferring signal at the speed of light would require an optic fibre cable. Electric impulses travelling through copper fibre is much slower.

geposted Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 2:26 am
i was also having issues cueing up using the jog wheel. I like to start playing on a down beat sometime just for my simple minded timing. But it sometimes would start off a few frames, up to 1 second of at times

geposted Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 2:23 pm

geposted Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 3:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)