Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: beatmatching problem... pls help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello everybody! I have a big problem with virtual dj ...

So... when i'm mixing 2 tracks ( same BPM) , even if the 2 tracks are aligned correctly at the same bpm,just after a few seconds, the beats are just clashing... they are not staying togheter for more than 10 seconds...so i have to adjust track B for example ,every 10-15 seconds , in order to mix it with track A and get a perfect beatmatch...

This problem occurs only if i'm NOT using the SYNC button...with sync everything is working well...

So i want to make mixes without the SYNC button... and i can't because of this problem....

Plz help ....i'll appreciate ...tx in advance!

geposted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 8:00 pm
Two tracks that have "Similar" BPM will fade their bass out after some time. That's normal...

I mean a track with 128.00 BPM and a track with 128.05 BPM won't stay in sync for more than 10-15 secs....

Also, there are case that even if the BPM of two tracks are exactly the same (128.00) thay won't stay in sync for a long time because one of the track's sound is drifting... This you can tell easily by the CBG/Waveform....

Finally, tracks with adjusted BPM (so that they both are 128.00 BPM) will need minor tweaks from time to time to stay in sync, because their speed is adjusted to the closest match. It does not mean that they are actually identical

geposted Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 5:32 am
Are you using just your computer or are you using decks? This is common with beatmatching that is why its considered a "ART FORM" I have been doing for many moons :) and its normal to ride the pitch. All I can say is "Welcome to DJ'ing" :)

BTW there is/was a issue with the pitch floating in VDJ. I have been using this program so long it does not bother me just have to adjust on the fly that all....lol

geposted Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 11:15 am
Ok ...so i guess it's not a problem with virtual dj... this was the first thing i was thinking at...btw i'm using hercules console mk2, so i think i need to practice more, but i don't mind:)

good to know that , thank you so much 4 your help!

geposted Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 2:52 pm
gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Why don't you want to use the sync button if you are just using the Remote?? Just curious.

geposted Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 9:46 pm
Why don't you want to use the sync button if you are just using the Remote?? Just curious.

i want to buy the cdj 100's soon, and before that, i want to practice more beatmatching...this is the reason... i want to learn to mix better without the sync button, without watching at the waveform, bpm. .. and so on :)

geposted Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 3:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)