Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question About Net Search

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I went to cache a net search video or two last night and it wouldn't complete. If i loaded the same file into the player it played and downloaded just fine. However if i right clicked on it and selected download to cache... it started and just immediately stopped.

Is there a limit to how many videos can be cached?

geposted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 11:32 pm
None that I'm aware of

geposted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 1:07 am
felizPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My experience tells me that there are some videos that simply don't cahed out. There's nothing to do with a limite i'm still caching videos and some don't.

geposted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 9:47 am
Hi Any1, i have just installed the virtualdj 6 and have tried to work the netsearch and it keep coming up with the message: Netsearch is a feature available to virtual DJ members! Does any1 know what i can do to be able to get access to the netsearch

Cheers

geposted Wed 04 Nov 09 @ 11:54 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007

geposted Thu 05 Nov 09 @ 1:01 am
[quote=dgreene]I went to cache a net search video or two last night and it wouldn't complete. If i loaded the same file into the player it played and downloaded just fine. [quote]

what does this mean cache a file?

geposted Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 7:28 am
[quote=dgreene]I went to cache a net search video or two last night and it wouldn't complete. If i loaded the same file into the player it played and downloaded just fine. [quote]

what does this mean cache a file?

Cache file is a file that you download for a specific file path. For example the files your downloading from VDJ can only be used in VDJ when you look for it in your documents it can't be open unless you have VDJ running. Once you download the file its ready for use at all times. Cache is another word for a shortcut going to the file while running VDJ. Kind of like having Yahoo as your defualt or shortcut. It will only show up if you have the net going. When you download the file it allows you to use it when there is no internet avaliable.

geposted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 3:40 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
According to Wikipedia; "a cache (pronounced /kæʃ/, kash) is a collection of data duplicating original values stored elsewhere or computed earlier, where the original data is expensive to fetch (owing to longer access time) or to compute, compared to the cost of reading the cache. In other words, a cache operates as a temporary storage area where frequently accessed data can be stored for rapid access. Once the data is stored in the cache, it can be used in the future by accessing the cached copy rather than re-fetching or recomputing the original data."

Using netsearch, you can play a track directly from the internet. When you Download a track to the Cache, VDJ stores a copy of it on your computer so that you can play it latter without downloading it again.

geposted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 4:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)