Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Help using Hercules RMX as mixer

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey guys, im pretty new to the whole audio tech thing so i've been having a lot of problems lately and wondering if you guys can help me out.
I have a Yamaha P5000s power amplifier, 2x 250 watt tapco speakers with the normal speaker cables that lock in going in to them and into the power amp. I then have my Hercules rmx and my laptop with virtual dj on it.

What I want to do is have my Hercules RMX have the music go through it, then have cables going from the Hercules RMX into my amplifier so then the sound comes out of the speakers.

So if you guys could let me know what cables I need, where to put them and what settings I should have on my virtual DJ for everything to work I would really appreciate it. I know it seems like a lot of work but I am totally clueless and you have to remember that everyone was a newbie at one point and if you could have had someone to help you out when you were starting out i'm sure you would have appreciated it as much as I will.

geposted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 11:36 am
What do you mean through it? If your using the RMX then you plan on controlling the software with it right?

Ok then you need to set your RMX up with your laptop then run a pair of RCA cables from the 1/2 out from the hercules to your amp or you can use 1/4 in cables but they too must come from the 1/2 out to your amp and thats it?

In VDJ your sound setup should be this

INPUT - None

OUTPUT - Headphones

Sound card - RMX

Also if you have to change for any reason make sure you click apply!! Hope this helps

geposted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 2:54 pm
Thanks very much, for some reason I can't preview tracks, when I try too the preview goes through the speakers and the headphone :( Any ideas?

geposted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 9:35 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi mate

In order to preview tracks you need to have additional sound card channels. The RMX has 4 (LR main on channels 1 and 2, and LR headphones on channels 3 and 4).

The RMX provides a headphone output for PFL (pre fade listening). This allows you to set up/cue the next track you are going to use while the fader for that track is turned down. It wont, as far as I am aware allow you to preview.

If you are using a laptop with a headphone socket you could configure your sound card setup to use both cards RMX and ONBOARD. Then you can take the headphone output from your laptop and feed this into a spare input on the RMX. You would not have the fader up but would use this as a spare cue/preview channel. Or simply plug a spare pair of headphones into your laptop just for previewing.

I am assuming that you are not confusing CUE with PREVIEW and that when you are cueing tracks with the headphones you do not hear anything out of the speakers but just through the headphones!

Daz

geposted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 3:35 am
also when you select rmx as soundcard also check apply eq.have you got your crossfader to either side and your headphones on.i know it sounds silly but as you said your new and theese are common qs with rmx first users

geposted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 4:24 pm
Dazmax wrote :
Hi mate

In order to preview tracks you need to have additional sound card channels. The RMX has 4 (LR main on channels 1 and 2, and LR headphones on channels 3 and 4).

That's right, so look carefull yand make sure you are using outpts 1&2 only!!

Dazmax wrote :
The RMX provides a headphone output for PFL (pre fade listening). This allows you to set up/cue the next track you are going to use while the fader for that track is turned down. It wont, as far as I am aware allow you to preview.

If you use the headphone socket on the RMX (there's one on top and one on the front - both the same), you can:

Preview - right click on any track in the browser and press play on the preview pop-up window
Cue - The RMX should set the headphones to the correct deck automatically when you load a track you can the cue/listen to the track from the deck controls as you would on a mixer.
PFL - Use the dial next to the RMX headphone volume dial to allow the main output to be heard in your headphones. You can then use this to practice your mix before moving the crossfader.

Dazmax wrote :
If you are using a laptop with a headphone socket you could configure your sound card setup to use both cards RMX and ONBOARD. Then you can take the headphone output from your laptop and feed this into a spare input on the RMX. You would not have the fader up but would use this as a spare cue/preview channel. Or simply plug a spare pair of headphones into your laptop just for previewing.

Totally unecessary - see above. The soundcard in the RMX can do all that you need.

Dazmax wrote :
I am assuming that you are not confusing CUE with PREVIEW and that when you are cueing tracks with the headphones you do not hear anything out of the speakers but just through the headphones!

Hopefully I have cleared this up...

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 7:53 am
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks for the extra info/correction Roy.

Out of interest when you select Preview do you get the preview on top of or instead of the cue signal in the headphones?

Just wondering in case i'm ever asked.

Sounds like he may well have his sound card config wrong.

cheers

Daz

geposted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 8:50 am
This si what gets me, it's so easy to set up - It just works!!!

Oh and preview comes over the top of everything. I usually select the non-playing deck before previewing though ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 9:17 am
LMAO, it seems easy but when you have problems its annoying.

So basically what your trying to tell me is when I want to PFL tracks I have to change the knob from mix to cue and then use PFL?

geposted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 9:11 pm
Sharkoffs wrote :
LMAO, it seems easy but when you have problems its annoying.

So basically what your trying to tell me is when I want to PFL tracks I have to change the knob from mix to cue and then use PFL?

Bingo! I think he's got it!!!

Roy

geposted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 11:35 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)