Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sysexid= or drivername=

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dJdAbPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm trying to get VDJ6.01 to recognise my NI Audio 8 midi in but I can't get it to work. I thought drivername="Audio 8 DJ In" or drivername="Audio 8 DJ" in my def file would work but it's not. Alternately, maybe I could use the sysexid="???" method but where would I get the sysexid for the Audio 8?

I was able to map out all my buttons and sliders via the generic midi mapper but then i got stumped when trying to map encoders :o(

geposted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 11:25 pm
Hmmm... not shure if i understand you correct, but the Audio 8 DJ from Native is a Soundcard witrh MIDI Interface, not an controller. You can not map any Soundcard for doing a controller job ???

Which controller do you want to map within VDJ ??? You have to get the SysEyIdD of it, not of the MIDI Port in the Soundcard.

Greetings, Heiko

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 2:28 am
I'm using the faderfox DJ2. So do I need the Faderfox sysexid or the Audio 8 sysexid, since it's providing the midi in to the computer?

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 2:34 am
The Audio 8 is NO controller - so it has no SysExID. It just provides you the port to connect your MIDI devices to your computer. The SysExID is the device ID of the controller.

As i remember, the Faderfox is a very simple device. Not shure if it provides SysExID. You have to try it with the Miditrace Tool as described. If there is no ID just use Simple MIDI to map your device.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html

Greetings, Heiko

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 2:40 am
You can't use encoders with the Simple midi mapper, You have to write a definition file to use encoders. That's what I'm trying to do. I can get everything else to work with the Simple midi mapper but not encoders. Help

btw... tried midi trace... no response

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 2:44 am
Then you have only 2 chances left. First is that your device use a special driver for midi - i think not because it connects not via usb.

So you should create your definition file WITHOUT any SysExID so VDJ uses your definition for ALL connected controllers. That should work. (See the Wiki also about that variant).

Greets, Heiko

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 3:00 am
Is there a way i could get a copy of the native simple midi mapper code. The simple mapper recognizes messages frrom my controller but when i make a definition file like the following...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<device name="faderfox" author="dJ dAb" type="MIDI" decks="2">

</device>

it still doesn't see messages from my controller.

of course I made a mapper named faderfox too btw.

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 3:08 am
I got it to work finally. i had to delete the generic midi mapper and then VDJ recognised my new mapper.

Thanks for your help!

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 12:41 pm
No prob ;-)

Greetings, Heiko

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 12:50 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)