Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New User -some basic questions..

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I read through the manual briefly but didn't find answer and just having purchased it, would like to use it for a gig tonight.
How do I get VDJ to read my external Hard drive? The externals plugged in, but VDJ is not picking it up.
Can it read from the C:drive at the same time?
WHy, when I sort by Title or Artist, does it not sort them alphabetically?
Lastly, Since my mixer (American DJ QSpan MKII) has an 1/8" input for external devices, do I need the timecode CD and do I need a Soundcard if I run a line from my headphone Jack?

Thanks.

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 12:25 pm
Correction...It can accessthe files by opening the folder where the song is located but the songs on that drive won't come up in the Search feature

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 12:32 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Within VDJ click on the ext drive letter ( Int the far left column.)
Right on the drive letter. There will be a drop down window.
Click add to search database.

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 12:43 pm
And rigth after doing that dont forget to make an optimization to your database... choose your database path & follow steps 1 & 2

Best regards...

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 9:39 pm
Great, thanks!

geposted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 12:18 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
remember to scan all of your music files at the earliest opportunity between gigs if you haven't already done so.

to get your files to read alphabetically, genre, year, bpm etc just click on the header at top of the column it will read ascending to descending or vice versa depending if you click on it once or twice.

geposted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 6:56 pm
I think its kindda crazy to use a software at a gig when your not really familiar with it but I guess it goes to show how easy to use VDJ really is.

geposted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 2:51 pm
Mag,

I still was relying on my cds primarily. The B&G were from other countries and sent a bunch of the music they wanted in a zip drive. BY the time I got it I didn't have time to burn cds so I decided to use VDJ for those songs. BUt they also gave me a CD with songs on there but even following the steps above, it's not showing on VDJ. I know the yare there becuase Google DEsktop shows the min the file.

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 1:57 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)