Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Default [ HC4500 Buttons => VDJ function ] Mapping Chart / Guide?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djronh1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

I'm aware that you can re-map the buttons of HC4500 to pretty much whatever you want within VDJ. But I have been unable to find a chart that list what each button does by default (when used within VDJ 6.x of course).

While most of buttons are pretty straightforward, other aren't so obvious.

While playing with it, I must have accidentally initiated some funky multi-button function. Because on one deck both cue & play/pause buttons were lit up, but the song wouldn't play. I couldn't figure out how to unload track it either. Unfortunately I didn't have my VDJ manual handy to reference either, and the Denon manual is pretty useless (since for most buttons they say to look in the PCDJ manual). I tried looking in the Wiki, and reviewing several pages of posts from this forum as well. No Luck.

Does such a chart\document exist?

PS

I'm coming from a DMC2, which was much more intuitive, but the lack of built-in sound card is what made me go to the HC4500.

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 3:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The LIST is your mapper and displayed when you go to the CONFIG -> Mappers tab and you select your device.

You then see the list of every button, slider, jog and what action it is mapped too.

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 3:38 pm
OK, I opened the respective mapper.xml file.

I see several that include &apos, &quot, var, etc.

Is there a guide of some sort with a list of "actions", and supported features that can be used in combination?

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 4:23 pm

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 4:36 pm
djronh1 wrote :
OK, I opened the respective mapper.xml file.

I see several that include ', ", var, etc.

Is there a guide of some sort with a list of "actions", and supported features that can be used in combination?

It's better when you use the Mapper section in the config menu. Because the XML file is a bit of HTML-Encoded so it's a bit hard to edit/read manually.

Better you do it in VDJ.

Greets, Heiko

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 4:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)