Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: what to buy? help me!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djpalsCUE userMember since 2007
Hi
i need some advice on what to buy. So far it can be:
Denon dn-s1200
Denon dn-s3700
Pioneer cdj 400

I prefer the 1200's because they are affordable, have tons of features and are good from most reviews. I would prefer something which has a motorised platter, midi, cd player.

Thanks, DJ Pals

geposted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 4:13 pm
You don't need a motorized platter, that's just a frill that helps old vinyl DJ's like myself feel comfortable with the transition to CD and/or digital. All it will prove to be in the future is something else that could go wrong with the player.

I use CDJ-400s which have touch sensitive platters. Translation? It does the same thing as stopping a record and it does it well. There are still bugs and issues with the DN-S3700s with VDJ and the wrinkles with CDJ-400s are pretty well ironed out now.

Check out my video about CDJ-400s and VDJ. The mix during the intro and extro were done using VDJ with the CDJ-400s and a Pioneer DJM-800 mixer.

DJ RuDe

geposted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 4:49 pm
Whats Up DJ Pals.. If you preffer motorized.. I can show you were to buy The Denon DN-S3700 really cheap. instead of paying 899 each one,, you can get them for 699 each brand new. I own 2 of them and they are great. I am using them with time codes and they are responsive. I have played with denon 1200s Pioneer CDJ 400s etc and i dont like the feel. They work good but the feeling of the jogs, the size. Its more comfortable to hold it down on a bigger deck. If there is a DJ store near by you, Visit the store so you can test all three decks.

Here is a link for the 3700's ..http://www.ecomelectronics.com/p47460/Denon_Direct+Drive+Turntable+Media+Player+%26+Controller

geposted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 5:39 pm
Or just wait for Pioneer's new controller/CD player coming out. It's going to blow away the competition for years to come, that much I can tell you...

DJ RuDe

geposted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 8:29 pm
I used to use turntables before with timecoded vinyls. Now i use Numark cdx's. I don't really like the feel of the, they are too big. Also am on a very tight budget as i am very (very) young. I'm 12 :) I have to choose out of the dn-s3700 and the cdj-400. Any more advice?

Also when is the new pioneer coming out?
Thanks
Pals

geposted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 4:01 am
Did you watch the video?

geposted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 1:03 pm
The Denon & the Pioneer have similiar features.. The both are mid, have usb ports etc. One has a a small jog wheel and the other has a bigger jog wheel. You decide. The equipment you buy will be your image. We cant chose for you... The pioneers will come out in september and will be expensive. Im pretty sure each unit will run over 1,500. We have to wait and see.

geposted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 5:23 pm
Caliente is right, both the Pioneer and Denon players are excellent, it's really your decision. The new Pioneer players (I have been told) will release within the first 10 days of this month coming up, September... and no, they are not going to be cheap!

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

geposted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 8:54 pm
yes i watched the video. It was very helpful. I like the pioneers because they have better quality and are used by loads of people. But then denons have more features. So I am close to buying the pioneers.

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 6:44 am
Thanks, let me know if you have any other questions.

DJ RuDe

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 2:35 pm
DJCBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Caliente123 wrote :
The Denon & the Pioneer have similiar features.. The both are mid, have usb ports etc. One has a a small jog wheel and the other has a bigger jog wheel. You decide. The equipment you buy will be your image. We cant chose for you... The pioneers will come out in september and will be expensive. Im pretty sure each unit will run over 1,500. We have to wait and see.

The Denon & the Pioneer have similiar features !

I would like to specify that only Denon dns 3700 have a High Torque Direct Drive Motor, providing users with the classic and unmistakable feel of true vinyl

You have not the same feeling from the pioneer !!! and you pay just for the markbrand Pioneer.

At the moment, there is only Denon dns 3700 who offers a deck which gives the same sensations The Technics SL-1200 !!!

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 2:50 pm
Im still confused because I am used to spinning platter but ive heard that the dn-s3700 are not fully mapped in vdj.

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:28 pm
DJCBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djpals wrote :
Im still confused because I am used to spinning platter but ive heard that the dn-s3700 are not fully mapped in vdj.

I make a new mapper from the denon 3700

See video here

Original mapper from denon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA8iqXtaC24

Modification mapper (sorry video in french)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sp8D8_o2Ks

The denon 3700 working now very good in midi mode with VDJ just waiting new uodate is coming from resolve problem from platter.

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:47 pm
Like I mentioned earlier in the thread the spinning platter is mechanical and likely to have issues and breakdowns later on down the line. You don't have that worry in the Pioneer. I am a old school DJ. I started out on vinyl. Believe me, you get used to playing without a moving platter, eventually you don't even remember that you once needed to have the platter moving. Th platter size isn't as small as it looks. It's yet another thing you will get past. No big deal really!

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'! (on virtual non-moving platters! lol)

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:22 pm
Hey Dj Rude.. I have a few questions. First, nice video!! Second, I have the cdj 400 decks (they are awesome). I also have serato sl3 and I'm looking into virtual dj as well. I know serato has native support for the cdj400's, does virtual dj have native support as well? Do I need an external soundcard for virtual dj to work or can I go right into the mixer (if I had a djm-800)? Thanks in advance!

Joe

geposted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 6:52 pm
Thanks JoJo!

No, no soundcard needed. I am also using a DJM-800 but it has nothing to do with the settings in VDJ. That vid explains how to connect and run VDJ. Your 400s have a built-in soundcard

DJ RuDe

geposted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 7:30 pm
I am going to buy denons because they are very good. They have been rated better then the cdj 400.

geposted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 8:11 am
Good for you. I'm buying the Pioneer next gens anyway so we'll see who rates higher then. I really don't care because I've used both Denon and Pioneer products for years. Reading the ratings and such is only a part of my decision to buy.

I'll personally try both first then return the loser which is what I did when I bought my 400s earlier this year. I am a rigorous tester and very technically orientated and educated in the electronics and mechanical field as well as with computers and software. Not only have I been in the DJ/entertainment industry for 25 years I also owned and ran a successful Car Audio and Home Theater business for many years. I have earned many certifications in the consumer electronics field and beyond. Having served as a technical writer in those industries also garnered me lots of experience with electronics products. So I can speak from my experience but I guess on the internet none of that really means much.

It was close but the Pioneer came out on top in my trials. The spinning platter was a big plus, but even though I'm old school I am a techie first and foremost so change isn't hard for me like it is with a lot of other stubborn people. Plus I also realize that less moving parts translates to less problems, breakdowns and longer life in the long-run.

The 3700 ain't no Technics so they aren't going to be easy to repair like the 1200 if you know what I mean.

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

geposted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 3:55 pm
I had 2 Pioneer CDJ's 1000 mk3 & a DJM 500 mixer. When i found out about the New player coming in september, i sold my equipment. I only did it for the fact of keeping the value of money that i paid. I have 2 Denon 3700 Decks & the X1100 mixer brand new. If the New pioneer Equipment is worth getting, ill sell what i currently have now without losing a dollar.

geposted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 6:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)