Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vci300 what are you doing ? - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So what do you think is the biggest benefit of the VCI300 "912 3$1 RMX and OMNI? Button response? Music warmth_ etc?

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 3:14 pm
So what do you think is the biggest benefit of the VCI300 over the RMX and OMNI? Button response? Music warmth etc? I see people just say it is heads and shoulders better.... Just can't get anyone to say why or what it is?

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 3:16 pm
Many are having problems getting the headphones to work properly with Virtual dj or Virtual vinyl. DJ ying videos is a problem also. If your gonna use it to run itch only.. It works perfect.. My recomendation for this controller is for home use or small family barbecue.. its not for wedding, your main event gig. Just small easy ggs.. RMX or OMni.. all the same.. The vci 300 is better because you have bigger jogs and you also have the LED metters. It has its own audio interface but its limited.

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 4:08 pm
I don't understand though when people say the VCI and such are not for pro use?

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 4:32 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I use my 300 with CUE (v6.0.2), ASIO4all drivers and have had no issues. In order of full disclosure..I have yet to use it "live". I have it set up in my garage and have used it for several hours (about 6 last night) and have yet experience a problem. If you are not looking to "show off" or do a lot of tricks, and looking to spend wisely, I would suggest the RMX. Mine has been a rock solid performer for over a year now at several dozen events.

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 4:37 pm
Ya, I have heard the RMX is solid. Just does not seem special. I dont mind spending the dough to show off, if I know I am getting a pro grade solution. It bugs me for someone to break into a thread and just call out some of the top controllers in the market as rubbish and not professional grade without even a single bit of fact to say why they are state that.

I am getting great information from the a moderator and a controller expert and in drops some guy saying nothing I am looking at is pro grade? How are you suppose to take that????? Is this person just stuck in the CDJ1000 era and just refuses to move forward? Or is there a setup they feel is better? I mean, I have played on some amazing club systems across the USA... and it all comes down to what you can hook into, what they have, what you have, etc... If you are going to always be hooking into a DJ mixer or sound board... then everything can be polished right? Just show up to do a sound check and off you go. And honestly, the only controllers above the VCI's, OMNI, and RMX are the XONE and NS7. Those are DEFIANTLY out of my price range!

I mean if none of those all in ones are acceptable to that user... then I dont know what to think of that person's opinion? Sorry... i think this research, opinion and soul searching, has made me snap! lol It is madenning and time consuming to search, read, post, wait, read more, search more, price match, think, sleep on it... and then you often feel you are not only back at square one... but you are even worse off than when you started and thought what you were looking at would be considered "professional!"

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 5:20 pm
I dj lots of clubs and big events. When you have big names going over by you to check you out.. It doesnt look good using a vci 300. its an image your setting for yourself. When you go to a dj expo, or a Club or famous club etc.. You will never seen a VCI 300. Its either Technics 1200's or The CDJ 1000mk3's. The VCI 300 works great but it's not pro grade. Its a simple controller that does what it supposed to do.

DJ equipment is based on what type of DJ you want to be.. mobile dj or club. There are DJ's that only wanna do mobile and there are many who want to be a majore league DJ. That all depends on You...

To pick your best controller.. Go to a DJ store and try out the equipment. I like doing more hands and alitlle asking questions.

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 5:50 pm
That may be true in the Hip Hop / Scratch world... but I have been seeing plenty of big name house DJs by passing the need for time codes or CDs... no skipping... no need to polish Cd after CD... In 2 years time of using Cue/Virtual Vinyl... i have only run into 1 issue.. and that was accidentially unplugging my laptop and after 2 hours the battery gave out and my laptop blacked out.

Maybe it is my 14 years in IT that makes it easier for me to embrace new technology much sooner than everyone else... I understand you just cant really replace "scratching" records with plastic platters or computer emulators... it may be getting there. But then again... turn tables and Cd players were not always what they are today... Their evolution represents years and decades of industry and development. The Digital revolution is full steam ahead... and for house DJs... i dont really care how "realistic" the platters are to vinyl. I just need to be able to beat match, layer track on track, sample in, and create sounds via effects, etc...

I appreciate the opinion, but you need to qualify... because the clubs and sounds in my circles are going to be different from yours given the different genres of music... thus meaning we will be tooling up differently.

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 6:07 pm
I live in New York and qualifying is not hard. I dont play just hip hop.. I play everything. Buy what ever controller that makes you play comfortable.

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 6:36 pm
Nicely handled gentlemen. You had a difference of opinion, you addressed it, you counter-pointed, you moved on. Well done sirs! If only every difference of opinion could be handled this way..... ;-)

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 6:52 pm
Just shoot me. If some pro DJ wants to make fun of me because I am using a MIDI controller instead of dinosaur turntables... so be it! lol

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 6:59 pm
I am not making fun of anyone. You are misunderstanding what i am saying. My point was.. I don't consider the VCI 300 as a main gig setup. Thats all i am saying. Use what makes you happy but, i recomend to go to a dj store and try out what you have in mind. I network with many DJ's and there are lots of people that buy something and they are not happy with it a month later. If i did sound offensive sorry.

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 7:55 pm
Eh, so much for my at a boy speech.... ;-)

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 7:59 pm
LOL...Your a trip T.E. Peace my friend.

geposted Sun 20 Sep 09 @ 8:05 pm
djbagzHome userMember since 2009
who cares watt your using....mayyn i can beat mix (using VDJ & PC) alottt better then alot of these djz using these high name brand setups....if u can work the vci300.rmx ect well enough to get the party bouncing then your done ur job.....its not watt ya have its how u use it.....

geposted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 6:22 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)