Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX question about a used model.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Long & McQuaid here in Ontario has a used RMX, but the guy who brought it back did not return the disc with the unit. The questions are:

1. can I get this unit to work without the disc? (ie: download drivers online etc)

2. do I need the disc for the serial number or just the one off the box to register it?

They will give me a sweet deal if I take the unit off their hands as they can't get a hold of this guy and say it needs the disc to be operational.

Answers are much appreciated! Thanks gang!

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 1:09 pm
make sure you are able to regiter that serial before you pay for it... unless you dont care if someone has already registered the serial and is using it...
you dont need the disc to dload drivers...

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 1:14 pm
Definitely will do that first. From what I know the serial number is on the box itself?

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 1:24 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djrobinhamilton wrote :

1. can I get this unit to work without the disc? (ie: download drivers online etc)

Yes you can. You can download the latest Driver package for the Hercules Tech support site

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1

djrobinhamilton wrote :

2. do I need the disc for the serial number or just the one off the box to register it?

To register the unit on this site you need the serial number found on the CD sleeve and not the serial number found on the box

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 1:35 pm
Thanks gang for the quick answers as usual. Here's to hoping they can track the disc down. The only other quandry is what if this guy has registered the serial already then what? Is the unit useless? What then?

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 2:07 pm
What is the point in registering it anyway? just to get that little pic next to your name!

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 2:24 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Charlie Wilson wrote :
What is the point in registering it anyway? just to get that little pic next to your name!

Charlie is right. There is nothing for a Pro user to gain from registering the disc here, besides another icon under your name.

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 2:31 pm
So if I get the unit I can download the drivers, plug & play the unit into VDJ without registering the serial (another icon I could care less about lol) & I'm good to go.

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 2:34 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Yep :)

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 3:18 pm
marlonbPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i know long and mcquaide...close by to where i live, whats the cost or deal they are offering you

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 3:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)