Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Laptop cooling pad Issues . . . . .

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello All users

My compaq laptop seems to be getting very hot after a 6 hour session. Can anyone recommend a cooling pad with USB inserts.
The problem i have though, is that my laptop only has 3 USB inserts, which are taken as follows :

(1) - Numark DMC 2 Controller
(2) - Numark 200CM USB (used for additional sound card)
(3) - External hard drive

If I buy a cooling pad with built in USB ports, Will I cause any conflicts between the external hard drive / DMC2 controller / mixer by plugging these into the colloing pad. I would prob leave the external hard drive connect directly to the laptop.

Your help in this matter would be appreciated.

Cheers

geposted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 6:13 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The issue with those cooling pads are, the fan might not be in the correct place. The cooling fans might be blowing the wrong direction (out instead of in). The cooling fans can cause some latent noise issues.

Personally I think you can accomplish more by making sure your laptop fan is clean, and the vents are not clogged. This can be accomplished with a can of compressed air available at almost any electronics shop. Once you have ensured the fan ducts and vents are clean elevate the laptop slightly. I use one of these, when my laptop is not on a stand.

geposted Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 8:12 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)