Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DJM-400 (analogue mixer)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i have just ordered an DJM - 400 and my question is if i can connect it with usb cable to my computer/virtual dj ?

geposted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 12:15 pm
No you can't...

Morpheo

geposted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 12:19 pm

DJM400 is an analogue mixer. No midi or USB, as it neither is a midi controller, nor have soundcard included.

But you can perfectly well use it with VDJ.
Get a soundcard with 2 stereo outs (such as a usb surround card).

And this soundcard will give a seperate output from each deck in VDJ.
Connect this to two seperate channels at the DJM400, and mix as if the source where regular CD players or turntable.

I've used DJM400 many times with VDJ, its a great mixer! ;)

geposted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 12:26 pm
I don't mean to be a dick, but wouldn't it be a good idea to confirm this kind of thing before ordering the mixer?

geposted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 2:01 pm
aurelcandy.net i have been in love with djm 400 for very long time hahah .P but its analog mixer better then midi ?

geposted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 6:52 pm
In some ways yes.. Its real hardware processing of sound (EQ, crossfade, gain etc)
While a midi mixer would process the sound in a PC (by software).

So dont worry, the DJM400 is a great mixer to use with VDJ ;)

geposted Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 7:33 pm
A question that should have been asked is... what controllers if any are you planning to use with this mixer? A mixer is just that.. a box that allows the sound from two players to be "mixed". The players are the controllers for VDJ not the mixer.

DJ RuDe

geposted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 12:51 am
I personallly haven't found an adequate fully integrated mixer. Numark's c3usb makes for a great sound card, but doesn't fully integrate. The hercules RMX comes close. When it works it's fantastic, but mine can never seem to make it through a full set without popping a little in the sound. It also gets a little feed noise when it's idles after warming up (grounding issue perhaps?) . either way not club quality to me. Pioneer is the standard in the clubs up here and is really a cool mixer. Gets it done and and the noise is clean. My only beef is the price. After being around for like a decade you'd thing they could drop the price a bit...

geposted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 3:07 pm
Have you considered an Allen & Heath Xone 4D?

DJ RuDe

geposted Tue 22 Sep 09 @ 6:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)