Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Couple easy questions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I haven't posted in while because everything is working so good :-) I have a few question though I can't seem to find answers for.
1) Why do I get tracts showing in double or triple in search results and under the Genres tabs. How do I fix this? Is there a feature I am not seeing to remove dublicates from search results?

2) I have a hard time locating JUST karaoke. I am still learning all the search functions, ect. If I know the artist or track off the top of my head it is no problem, but I would like simply have a file that would automaticly show JUST karaoke regardless of what format the track is in. I know I need to reat a folder, but isn't the a search peramiter that will allow me to show ALL karaoke on my CPU. I need the results to search my ENTIRE CPU and find hidden files. When I built my new CPU and transfered my music somethings have different paths so I can no longer use my old playlist to find them. If I only had a hundred or so I would just locate them by hand, but I have almost 15k tracks to sort threw to find them.

3) Last thing. I am in the market for a Playlist Printing Program. I am sure it has been asked here before, but I figure while I am posting might as well ask. WHAT program do you use and like the MOST? Easiest to use?

Thanks!!!!
DJ Watty

geposted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 8:50 am
fat0n3Home userMember since 2008
i can try to help answer question 2 and 3

you can set you karaoke up in the broswer field now i personally have 2 drives 1 is mp3s and the other is vids and karaoke, i have both of them set under each in the browser.

as faw as printing a tracklist i assume you can set it up to export to like excel or word. im not 100% bc i dont print the playlist out, only bet with ppl that i played their song by buying drinks if they lose lol.

Good Luck

Jay

geposted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 2:35 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
#2, as you have them in the same folder as vids you could try this, to the right of the search bar one of the bullseyes has a check box for search fields disable all but karaoke and you should be good to go.

geposted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 8:03 pm
DJShmooPRO (OEM)Member since 2008
For creating song book I used latishaw song list generator. its pretty easy to use tell it the drive you want it to scan and it reads all the tags and can create a printable file in a pretty short time. I added around 120,000 karaoke files a while back and it took some time to read all and produce the file. But I would say that I am completely happy with it. $80 for the program. you can use the demo for the first 1000 tracks.

good luck,

kevin

geposted Fri 25 Sep 09 @ 12:10 am
Sweet. Thanks everyone for all the feed back. I did see and use the Little Bullseye and selected just karaoke and video. Next thing is in the search engine what is the proper peramiter to use in order to search all? I tried just putting a space and then enter and I got most of them but still missing 100 or so files.

I'm thinking once I find all of them I will change every karaoke ID3 tag and add KJ after the original genre for ease of finding. I need to hire a college student or someone to sit for a few days and sort out my files, I just don't have the time lol. Definately not going back to my computer tech, he's the one that got all my shit screwed up in the first place. I tried explaining to him that all my files had to be put in the same EXACT file path as the old computer, but I guess $85/hr isn't good enough to get quality computer work done!?!?!

Thanks.

geposted Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 12:51 am
DJShmoo wrote :
120,000 karaoke files

What?

That's an insane amount of karaoke. Do your song books come on a fork lift truck?

geposted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 4:51 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)