Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Poll? What Controller.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Looking to make a second rack mount system.

What 19" Controller is best.

Have a Numark DMC-2 from last year, but buttons are already fading. Back for repair but not a good sign at all. (still waiting for it to get back to me grrr.) but have two so no biggie...

What does everyone recommend?

I am kinda hard on them as I beat mix and do tricks heavily and it would be used at least 3-4 times a week.

I do music video too so that may be a factor...

geposted Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 2:22 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
For me on 19" Denon HC4500.

geposted Sat 26 Sep 09 @ 2:54 am
DMC-2 so far so good , used to use a DMC-1

geposted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 5:44 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Buttons on my HC4500 have started to fail, and it recently developed a fault whereby it would kick lots of loud noise out of the sound system at one of my residencies as soon as it was plugged into the mains (no audio or USB connections). Dismantled it and the solder joints for the power input and switch didn't look too healthy, so I sorted them out and it seems to have cured it. I'm not using it at the moment though...

geposted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 11:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
dgreene wrote :
Have a Numark DMC-2 from last year, but buttons are already fading. Back for repair but not a good sign at all. (still waiting for it to get back to me grrr.) but have two so no biggie...

What does everyone recommend?

Buy another DMC-2. Since you have allready a sound card dont pay Denon for it. Buttons allways fail after long use.

geposted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 2:06 pm
The Denon HC4500 is a better controller than the DMC 2.. Some djs have heavy hands when it comes to pressing the buttons. They end up breaking the buttons and others just make the button fade. I had a Denon 2600, 6000, 9000, HC4500 & now 3700's. I made them fade alittle. You can always order the buttons. They are not expensive and its easy to replace.

geposted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 6:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm not particularly heavy handed with my buttons on my HC4500 and some failed - and not even the most commonly used ones. It's actually more down to buttons used in most controllers IMHO, usually a can of switch cleaner sorts them out for a good long time. The HC4500 ones did last longer than my old DAC3 ones though.

geposted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 7:57 am
CDJ-400s!! But I'm sure I will be changing that opinion when my new CDJ-2000s arrive in December!!

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

geposted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 2:15 am
DJRudeDoGG, I'd be interested to see how you cram CDJ-400's into 19" rack ;)

geposted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 11:47 am
I have a denon HC4500, which replaced a DAC-3. I would actually recommend both, but the 4500 definately has a superb build quaility, and the built in ASIO sound card is a bonus too.
Pete

geposted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 7:32 pm
AuralCandy.Net wrote :
DJRudeDoGG, I'd be interested to see how you cram CDJ-400's into 19" rack ;)

Take a look at my setup, their in a fight case on top of the rack! ;) There's always a way!! lol

Pic taken in April before new Odyssey case got shipped. I had to look high and low to find this pic because all of my recent pix within the last several months my set up is all hidden behind the facade I made.

How it all looks now...

Or I can change my vote to my Pioneer MEP-7000 if we're talking actual rack-mounted units, here you go...

This gear (Pioneer MEP-7000, Numark DMC2 & Numark C3USB is under the cover of my rack that my CDJ-400s now rest upon.
This pic was taken prior to my purchase of the 400s in March when all we had was VDJ 5.2.1 and it wasn't compatible with the MEP so here I was reluctantly running Pioneer's DJS :( 6.0.1 is great on the MEP now with just a few bugs yet but we'll get it, right Teamers? ;)

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

geposted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 9:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)