Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Single Denon DNS3700, external mixer and VJD

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm looking to buy a Denon DNS3700 to use in VDJ. Is it possible to use a single unit to control both players whilst using an external mixer? I gather I would need 2 sound cards and if so what is a good card to go for that has low latency?

geposted Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 2:49 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you haven't enought money it's better to buy a Vestax vci300 .

geposted Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 9:42 pm
I pretty much set on the Denon due to the vinyl emulation, just need to know about VDJ with a single unit.

geposted Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 1:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes you can use 1 unit with VirtualDJ ... but in using 1 unit ... I would Highly recommend using an external soundcard and not use the Denon soundcard option.

geposted Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 7:48 pm
The Denon 3700 will only play one deck, you will two of them to properly mix. It does not have 2 sets of outputs or the ability to switch between decks with the single controller. To do that you will need to get the Denon DN-HS5500. That one has two complete controllers built into it, and a USB sound card as well.
The HS550 has the same features as the 3700, with the exception of smart looping (in native mode), waveform images, and a color screen. The HS5500 has the same platter motion (7 inch instead of 10), and the same built in effects. It also allows you to use it in native mode (standalone) with up to 4 external drives and a USB keyboard, which makes a great backup to VDJ if something happens to your PC. You can easily switch over to native Denon mode while the PC is restarted/replaced. As a bonus, the 5500 was discontinued a few months ago, meaning there are some really sweet deals on them right now.

geposted Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 11:52 pm
The 5500 sounds tempting, whilst researching around I read that they have various problems with the firmware, do u know if these have been sorted or of any that still exist?

geposted Tue 29 Sep 09 @ 7:09 am
ok so i purchased the 5500 and guess what, it does have issues that I cannot live with so I will be returning it for a refund. So back to my original question if anyone has any answers?

geposted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 2:04 pm

geposted Sun 25 Oct 09 @ 8:42 pm
baseman wrote :
ok so i purchased the 5500 and guess what, it does have issues that I cannot live with so I will be returning it for a refund. So back to my original question if anyone has any answers?

What are the issues that you cannot live with? Most of the problems have been resolved, we might be able to help you out. The 5500 and 3700 use the same platter control system.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 4:13 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)