Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Midi.. mapping, question. Thanks. - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

In the wiki defintion file section it reads "In this tool, "F0 7E 7F 06 01 F7" is the Identity Request SysEx query needed to get the Identity Request SysEx answer to use in "sysexid"."

This number is the only number that appears even when i select the BCR 2000 in input and output. I don't think the BCR responds to sysex id.

Is there any other way to recognise the device in the definition file header. Ie.

"If the device doesn't answer to standard ID SysEx, but answers to some other proprietary SysEx, you can use it to detect the device.
Specify sysexquery= and sysexanswer= in the header, with the required SysEx codes."

How do i know the name of a controller?

geposted Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 1:28 am
That is the request that is sent to the MIDI controller. A response (Answer) is needed for SysEx ID to be used for identification. If it doesn't respond, then SysEx ID cannot be used.

There are only two other methods that can be used:

• (1) By its MIDI driver name - drivername="Name of device" - The name can be seen in the input/output sections of MIDI Trace and must be typed exactly as shown. However, under Windows XP this may not work because the generic Windows MIDI driver names all MIDI devices 'USB Audio Device', making unique identification impossible. Vista does not have this problem.

• (2) No identification - Leaving out sysexid= and drivername= will cause the definition to be applied to ALL unrecognised MIDI devices. This will have unexpected results if you have more than one unidentified MIDI controller connected. Also, when mapping LED's, the notes used for these will also be sent to your sound card's MIDI synth, causing appropriate piano notes to sound (A work around is to mute MIDI in your sound card's control panel.)

NOTE: Unless you are intending to use it for controlling effects, samples, etc. the BCR2000 is not that well suited to DJ use. You would be better off investing in a controller designed for DJ use, preferably one that is already supported such as Hercules DJ Console RMX.

geposted Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 12:43 pm
Dev staff wrote :

I will make an assumption from your prior posts about the MIDItrace tool that the <device> statement for the BCR2000 will need to be ..

<device name="BCR2000" author="Atomix Productions" type="MIDI" drivername="BCR2000" decks="2">

** if in the MIDItrace tool there was a space between the BCR and 2000 then you need to put a space for the drivername --> drivername="BCR 2000"

Funny thing is when i use this code whatever the BCR2000 is no longer present in the controllers mappers section, when i try and scan for new MIDI devices it does'nt come up. It worked with the old line as jpboggis. Ie. the controller was still present in MIDI devices although the control (controller/encoder 3) i was trying to map would not work. Still

Now when i move the file out of 'devices' Virtual DJ recognizes my MIDI controller so something in the file is causing the BCR not to be recognized!?

Of coarse i did not use decks=2 in the code as jpboggis said.

geposted Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 6:43 pm
Ok so now it works, the MIDI controller is detected.

The device file reads,

<device name="BCR2000" author="Lee Eather" type="MIDI" drivername="BCR2000">
<encoder cc="0x03" name="nudge back/forward" />
</device>

The only problem is is that the controller (encoder 3) doesn't work.. (still), when i turn the encoder encoder 3, set as CC 3 on the device it doesn't change/manipulate the waveform, what is the effect of a continuous encoder with forward and backwards movement...

What is the desired effect, is it meant to move a certain number of beats...?

Thanks.

geposted Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 2:09 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)