Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: What Hardware to get?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

spzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi i have had a search around but am still not sure what will be best for my needs.

So im starting a Mobile Disco, for functions weddings etc and will be playing a cross section of genres from rock indy to dance and pop. i do not plan on mixing anymore than fading in and out so the songs overlap briefly and am not bothered about beat matching etc, so i will be using my laptop for this along with VDJ, i have a 4 chanel mixer and pa eqquipment and all lights but i need a sound card, or all in one device as i want to be able to check songs on headphones etc and my laptop only has stero out.

so my question is do i get a 2 stereo channel sound card looking at possibly - Numark DJ IO / - Native Audio 2DJ /- ESI Maya 44 USB or do i get one of the all in one things as i dont plan on mixing and there not much moe expensive, Berhinger BCD 2000/3000, Hercules DJ Control Mp3 / DJ Console Mk2

so what would people advise? thanks in advance, SpZero

geposted Wed 30 Sep 09 @ 1:49 pm
thanks for looking people, ive managed to get a good deal on an all in one i hope i made the right decision, ive ordered the Behringer BCD2000, should i sell my current mixer? its an Citronic Pro 8 or should i just keep it as back up? for future or adding more channels? (not that i can see a need for this)

thanks SpZero

geposted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 4:30 pm
Now all you have to do is buy Virtual DJ!!!!

geposted Thu 01 Oct 09 @ 5:18 pm
if your planning a business why not get a pro controller. A BCD 2000 is a cheap setup. Spend the extra because its an investment.

geposted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 2:21 am
I will be buying the software once ive done my 1st gig as it will provide some income, its excellent software and seams well worth the money if im having problems with the bcd2000 i will upgrade at a later date once ive earned some profit, thanks guys,

geposted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 11:26 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well if your using VDJ now, and you have not purchased it, How do you have the software?!?

You stated...
"i do not plan on mixing anymore than fading in and out so the songs overlap briefly and am not bothered about beat matching etc"

It's not really trying to get gigs if you are not bothered with beatmatching at all. For all that, get two ipods and a ipod mixer and call it a day.

Good luck to ya

geposted Fri 02 Oct 09 @ 3:29 pm
its the trial version im currently using, and I have already got a gig and a regular one (every 6months) that pays well, im doing this more to help out the person who organizes the bi-annual do and any extra work is fine, tho im not looking for it, im already self employed and make a good living so this is just a minor side line, as for i-pods i dispise them, and would rather just use a PC, but if im gunna do something its worth spending a bit of money and time investigating my options thanks for your help and advice, im more than happy with my bcd2000, after i changed the included usb cable that is crap and makes it crash, its now working fine with no problems under vista!

geposted Tue 06 Oct 09 @ 6:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)