Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why can VDJ6 handle WDM, but *not* ASIO?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

KiyosiPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I use a Hercules Rmx, and I have no problems using it in WDM.
It's responsive and works well.

However, WDM mode is *incapable* of using the SOURCE buttons to use external sources (CD players).
I spent good money on VDJ6 Pro and Hercules Rmx so that I could use VDJ as well as CD players.

If you put VDJ6 Pro in ASIO mode, it still works.
Also, using ASIO mode allows you to use the SOURCE buttons on the Hercules Rmx for external sources.

However, it totally screws up the Virtual DJ program.
The VDJ program stops working correctly.
I hear tons of distortion, pops, clicks, and errors every time I use the crossfader on the Rmx.

There appears to be *no professional way* to use VDJ Pro & Hercules Rmx with external sources, since the ASIO driver and/or Virtual DJ are flawed and fail to deliver a smooth sound.

Any idea why this happening?

My laptop is not underpowered, all my equipment is brand new, and I use my computer SOLELY for Virtual DJ.
I have the latest firmware and updates of VDJ and Hercules Rmx, and Windows (XP).
I'm disappointed because either VDJ or Hercules has failed me... or both?
I bought VDJ *specifically* because it handles the Hercuels Rmx so well - and that I could handle VDJ decks + external sources.
This is such a shame!

How can I recommend VDJ + Hercules Rmx to friends who want to use it to DJ along side their Serato and CDJ friends?
Simply put, I cannot.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 2:44 am
A few things:

1) Make sure you're using the latest Hercules driver
2) Increase the latency in the Hercules driver (a buffer size around 480 should be good)
3) Drag the performance slider in Virtual DJ all the way to the left and set the latency to auto
4) If using a laptop disable speedstep and set power savings to high performance
(use RMClock if you're using a laptop and can't disable speedstep in your bios: http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml)

Still having problems? You probably have device driver issues. Before people buy any soundcard related hardware (and definitely before possibly blaming the software) they should always run the following program first: DPC Latency Checker. Disable the offending devices (including wifi if applicable) until you have no spikes. You may then want to really optimize your system.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 3:41 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above it'll be your system configuration - most of us here use ASIO, and quite a few with Hercules devices.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 10:47 am
thank you for the response

i will do all of these things and see how it works out

i think the fault may lie more in the hardware than the software, but it's hard to ascertain

i will be doing a video regarding VDJ and hercules rmx and the benefits of both the hardware unit and the software

thanks to both responders, i will get back to this post in about a week

geposted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 3:54 pm
I have the same problem...as posted in "Problems with ASIO on Hercules RMX" topic. Unfortunately, I did not get any feedback what could be wrong. I have ran the latency checker for an hour without any spikes with wireless disabled. The performance of the laptop should not be a problem, just got it with plenty of memory, Dell XPS. If anybody else has any suggestions please let both of us know, since it seems to be a more common problem. Thanks.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 7:08 pm
Try making sure Virtual DJ's performance slider is all the way to the left, set the latency to auto and keep increasing the buffer size in the Hercules control panel until you don't have audio artefacts anymore.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 8:09 pm
I have spend a couple of hours playing with the setting and still no go. I keep getting sporadic breaks in the sound and distortion. I have the latency checker running next to it and it's always green, sometimes a yellow spike but as it says nothing that should influence the sound. Kiyosi, did you get your issues resolved or still the same problem? Any suggestions? Is there a problem with the controller or is it the computer? As I was saying, everything works fine in WDM mode, but I need to run it in ASIO.

geposted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 10:57 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Have you tried altering the Asio Buffer size in the Hercules Control panel. The lower the number, the lower latency you will have. If the figure is too low then you will get audio problems. You just need to experiment.

If you are altering the Asio buffer, it must be done before you launch VirtualDJ.

geposted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 1:38 pm
I will try increasing the ASIO buffer size in the Hercules window, thanks. What should my settings be in Virtual DJ? I currenty have fastests, auto-latency, unchecked safe mode and overclock. Everything else is default.

geposted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 1:16 pm

That's the setting I have in the Performance tab of the config

geposted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 1:25 pm
did increasing the ASIO buffer help your problems?

i did the slider thing, safe mode, etc.... but i STILL get pops/distortion when using Hercules Rmx and VDJ in ASIO mode.
it's useless to me, since i bought VDJ Pro and RMX to dj with my friends, who use CDJs.

i ALREADY SOLD my old mixer!
i thought the rmx could take the place of it.... but without ASIO, i'm screwed :(

how does one change ASIO buffer?

did anyone else get this to work?

they should not advertise RMX as working with VDJ if you can't even use one of the biggest features on it... i feel cheated, as i could have bought the hercules steel and saved myself a lot of money.

geposted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 4:43 pm

To change the Asio Buffer size you first click on the RMX control panel icon (small record shape icon) down on your tool bar near your clock when the RMX is connected.

This should bring up the control panel. Once it is up go to the Asio tab and you should see the Asio Buffer size option. Here you can play about with the figure's (from the drop down) till you stop hearing the audio pop's. One thing though changing the Asio Buffer must be done before you launch VirtualDJ.

geposted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 3:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)