Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Lots of problems...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

This is a copy of a question i've just sent to the help department...

Anyone fancy discecting some of the problems?

I’ve owned the Hercules RMX DJ Console for 24 hours and already encountered several problems…

When I installed the product, I registered my VDJ LE serial code with my home email address (********) however my spam filter was set to kill, as a result I lost the activation email…I ignored this for now as I was eager to play with my new toy. So after firing it up and mixing into a tune (rather well) the whole console/ software froze. The music continued to play until the end of the track. Frustrating yes, but teething problems and no more I thought…so I fired her up again with a similar result. At this point I remembered a word I had heard “latency”, so I made a bee-line for the MORE button at the top of VDJ. I expected to find this full of settings. It wasn’t. So I pressed the very reasonable “20 Day Free Trial” button. Great I thought, now I’m away. Nothing happened…So after about 30 seconds, I pressed it again, something happened! The button now reads something along the lines of “You have already used your 20 Day Trial Period”…Now either that button opened up some form of worm hole in time, OR I’ve been robbed of 20 Days of trial period.

At this point I felt help was needed…so I trotted over to the Virtual DJ forums, where I thought I could log in and see if someone could help…I went to register a user name etc…however when I entered my username (flatdan) it said it was taken, (possible I thought)…I couldn’t remember whether you had to register a username with the product. So I opt for flatdan3 – fine it says, I move on I enter my email address…******** I move on. It now tells me the email address is already registered.

I’m starting to get grumpy by this stage, but I forge on, I though I’ll try the “forgot your username and password route”. So I enter my email address (that I’ve just been told is already taken) and it tells my no such email address exists on the system!!!

I repeat the same process with variations of usernames, first it tells me it’s already taken, then when I request a password, suddenly it doesn’t exist!

Grumpier still, I look for another option, suddenly filled with excitement I spot a chat to a help advisor live…great I thought, they’ll understand far better than a computer would, they’ll understand I’ve just experienced one of the most frustrating 45 mins of my life…So I fill in all my details and wait for a response…and wait for a response…and wait for a response, with the computer teasing my every few minutes, with a message that pops up, only to read that there is no-one there!

After half an hour, I give up and move towards my final option, submitting a manual question…only for it to ask me to log in………….it was at this point I gave up for the evening.

I write to you today from my work email account, which I have registered under flatdan3…please can you help me with any of my problems…RMX keeps crashing, No more Pro-Trials Days, No Username and Log on for the email address where I’ve registered my product code!!!

Many regards

Dan Purvis
Flatdan3

geposted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 4:58 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
As far as the Rmx is concerned, be sure to install the latest drivers (2009.HDJS.3) from the Hercules web support site. While you are there, you may want to take a look at this document that shows changes you can make to improve the performances of your computer when using DJ or music applications :

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Now, before you launch VDJ, go the Rmx control panel (near the clock), and switch to ASIO audio mode, and change the ASIO buffer size to about 10ms. This is a good settings for most computers.

Now, as for Virtual DJ, hopefully your will get your account issue sorted out, and your will be able to download the update for the Rmx version (5.2.2). Not sure what happenend with the Trial period for the Prol version, but you can use the Rmx version forever.

geposted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 8:52 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if you have a look in the hardware forum you will find many questions an answers on the rmx, lot of reading but it will help you and welcome to vdj.

geposted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 7:14 pm
Thanks DJ Phatso...

I tried a few of the tips on that link and stripped my computer back a bit, managed to get 40 mins in last with no crashes!!! :)

Still not heard back from the tech guys as the other problems, reply within an hour my ar*e...

geposted Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 6:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)