Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Folders - How to Protect from Delete ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello my dear friends!
In v6 is there any way of protecting the virtual folders, by accidental delete ?
Imagine you have created your Virtual folders (aka genres of music) and by accident the Del Key is pressed (from RightClick menu options), is there any way of Protecting from this massive disaster ?
Thanks for your time :)

geposted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 5:44 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hey leonpadi,

as far as i know, there is now way to look them.

But if you backup you C:**VirtualDJ Folder, a fault like deleting something, can't become a desaster ;-)

See you
Haui

geposted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 8:37 am
leonpadi wrote :
Hello my dear friends!
In v6 is there any way of protecting the virtual folders, by accidental delete ?
Imagine you have created your Virtual folders (aka genres of music) and by accident the Del Key is pressed (from RightClick menu options), is there any way of Protecting from this massive disaster ?
Thanks for your time :)

You may not have even deleted the folder. I and many others on here have randomly lost virtual folders, period, caput, gonzo, whatever. . We are all assuming the dev team is at least looking into this database integrity problem as we speak.

geposted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 2:48 pm
So...the only solution is to take daily backups of C:**VirtualDJ Folder, as Haui70 suggested?

geposted Thu 15 Oct 09 @ 4:18 pm
leonpadi wrote :
So...the only solution is to take daily backups of C:**VirtualDJ Folder, as Haui70 suggested?

Perhaps, but this should not be necessary. Ex. one time I forgot, and database was a week old. Created a lot of work for me.
Another time, the backup didn't do any good. Whatever caused the database to "corrupt itself"; also caused the backup to do the same.
I know I and some others have beaten this topic to death, but there are also some other related database integrity issues that really need to be looked at. We're REALLLLYY hoping that soon (maybe even 6.03) there will be some solid database fixes w/none of the disappearing acts going on with folders, virtual folders, song data, etc.

geposted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 11:12 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)